Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61175.79

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The grind

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDog456 View Post
    Well said, improving and getting rewarded is very sweet...back to improving my game!
    That's the right attitude. It will pay off in the long run. Good luck!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Smashed smashed smashed lol

To say brick brick brick would be an understatement lol. I have never experienced anything like it. I was cruising along, nothing to write home about it I was up $30 bucks about an hour or so into my session. Then it took a crazy turn. I play 6-12 oe. For those of you who don't know it is a limit game where you can bet in $6 increments preflop and the flop and then $12 increments on the turn and river. This game also has a half kill. That means the limits go to $10 and $20 increments. Well, long story short in four hands I lost over $200. In four hands. That's hard to do in this game, especially how tight I play. I had 3 dream hands and one clear fold. Those three dream hands got bricked in big capped pots and there went the money lol. Then it got worse. I lost another $204 in the course of the next 3 hours. Nothing remarkable in that time frame. I played a little looser in the hopes of hitting miracles (bad idea obv lol) and bricked. I need to get the word brick out of my vocabulary lol.
    Anyway, I can't wait for this month to be over lol. It's been one of the worst of my poker career. I have one last session left in the month. It would need to be a doozy of a session to get me into the black for the month. But I cannot worry about that. I have to focus on what I can control. I can't control how much I win or lose in a session. All I can control is playing the best I can play, day in and day out. The rest will take care of itself. I can't run this bad for much longer. It will turn around. I know it. They say March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. Maybe that will be said for my poker month. Very stressful in the beginning but easy going at the end. Until next time, good luck and see you on the felt.

Experienced Member
    jokerstars is nothing but a grind!!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Thank God this month is over. Lol

The last session of the month was a microcosm of the month in general. It was a slow agonizing death with moments of hope lol. The first 2 hours of my 10-20 Omaha session were sheer boredom. I didn't get a chip pushed my way. Not a split, not a scoop. I only entered like 5 or 6 pots but didn't hit any flops. It was pretty amazing really. Then I was dealt some good hands and missed. Then some more goods hands and got half. I rarely scooped in my session. It wasn't my hand selection because I was playing good starting hands. It wasn't my aggression. It wasn't the table dynamic(at this point in the night). It just wasn't my night. Then it got better. A few looser players entered the game and I was able to make a comeback. I started scooping some big pots and got back to even for the session. For the moment, things were looking up. Then the game got short handed and I finally came to a realization about my poker style. I am not a good short handed player. I have always thought that but I have the evidence and stats to back it up. The last 7 times a game had gone short handed, I have ended up a big loser and this session was no different. I lost $462 most of which when the game went short. I need to be aware of this and leave a game when it is 6 handed or less. My style is just not suited to play that type of game. The hand ranges go a little wider than I feel comfortable playing with at this time. As I improve, I may reconsider this, but right now it is just not for me. And I think that bring us to an important life and poker lesson: know thyself. I know short handed is not for me. I will get away from any game that goes short handed from now on. We should all think about different aspects in our lives and poker careers that are toxic to our success and eliminate them. Think about how much better off we would be? I for one will take this advice to heart and adjust my approach. I truly believe it will be one more improvement to my game that will pay big dividends throughout the rest of the year. Good luck to all of you and see you on the felt.

Banned
    my advice to you is to quit while your ahead my brother lololololol.

PokerOwned Pro
    welcome back and gl live will be much better for you than online given the crooked laws

Seasoned Veteran
    poker has not changed much still donks LOL.

Experienced Member
    Youre a gentleman! :-)

PokerOwned Veteran
    Good luck bro!j Wish you well in your poker future...

PokerOwned Veteran
    Gl in your future bro.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast