Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63737.37

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The grind

Banned
    good luck man. I think you will accomplish your goals because you are a MAN WITH A PLAN!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by layoh21 View Post
    good luck man. I think you will accomplish your goals because you are a MAN WITH A PLAN!
    Ty man. Goal setting and planning are the cornerstone of success. When you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I was able to put in two online cash game sessions the last two nights. I played .05-.10 stud hi lo and .05-.10 Omaha hi lo. It was the first non free roll poker that I have played since my challenge began. I have never played these stakes before but it went well. I was able to bring the online bankroll up to $13.61. I think I will continue to play free rolls and mix these low limit cash games in until I feel ready to grind some sit n gos and multi table tournaments. I am thinking around the $20 mark on one site. I am not sure i will just play it by ear I guess. In any regard, good luck and see you on the felt.

tbar9572
    My personal goal: win money playing poker today and tomorrow and the next day

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbar9572 View Post
    My personal goal: win money playing poker today and tomorrow and the next day
    That's the name of the game lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    Good news bad news lol

The good news is I was able to get my online bankroll up to $17.11 after final tabling another free roll. Another $2.89 and I will be up to the $20 mark. At that point, I think I will start some serious grinding of sit n gos, cash, and an occasionally tournament. I am very excited to be growing the bankroll so well. If things really start to go my way, I might have a viable bankroll by years end.

The bad news is that I had a terrible cash game session the other day. I lost $1,000 in one night. It is not the most I have ever lost but it is the most since I started this challenge. It should have never happen but it did. I didn't follow my rules on leaving, I played passively at crucial moments, and I played way too many hands and gut stuck with second best hands too often. All of that equals a disastrous night of poker. One of my biggest leaks is playing too long. But even worse, is when I am stuck in a session I play way too many hands trying to get unstuck. Then in those hands I call too light looking for a miracle turn or river card. Obviously this I a recipe for disaster. It makes the night worse. I have to make a commitment to playing better. This should be a wake up call for me. I have to stop playing around. I have to play the way I know I can night in and night out. I will have that opportunity today as I will be playing another session. I have to forget the mistakes I made and move on but remember the lessons that those mistakes taught me. Disappointment and failure are the two surest stepping stones to success. Good luck to you and see you on the felt.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Better play but no profit for this session. I played significantly better yesterday but still not the result I was hoping for. I wound up losing $125 in my 6-12 oe game. This is the first losing streak of the month and I would love to end it today. I am going to stick to the solid play game plan and hopefully my results will improve. I feel as though I played really well. I didn't play junk hands, I focused on position, and I was aggressive at the right times. I wish it would have been profitable but these things happen. I have to remain positive and let the chips fall where they may (pun intended). I am waiting right now for a seat to open up in the game to give it another shot today. I feel good and I am sure the streak will end today. Good luck to all of you and see you on the felt.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Good news good news lol

The streak is over. I had a winning session in my 6-12 game. It was good to get back on the winning side of the ledger. I played a tight style but also pretty aggressive. Obviously that's the way to go but in the heat of battle sometimes you can get away from that. There was a really huge pot that I got half of when I made a full house on fifth street of stud hi low. Almost folded on fourth when one of the villains went crazy with trip nines. I thought my hand was obvious and for him to play it so aggressively was to have trip aces (he had an ace as his door and hit the nine on fourth). There was a made low on fifth who was ramming and jamming with me. But overall, I think I played well. Maybe two or three hands I would like to take back, but it was an okay session. I wound up profiting $59. A small win, but a win is a win. My next session will be at the scene of my last debacle, the 10-20 Omaha hi low game where I punted $1,000 last week. I will have a much better session this time around. No passive play, no weak hands, no fancy moves. Just solid, tight, aggressive play.

Another good note was that I have surpassed the $20 mark online. I grinded some stud hi low and ran really well against some weaker opponents. It feels good to get to this mark. It is by no means a reason to celebrate but it makes me hopeful to get there this soon. I will probably play another session of cash before I jump into sit n gos and tournaments. I will keep this post update and hopefully we can get to the $50 mark even quicker. In any regard, good luck to you and see you on the felt.

PokerOwned Veteran
    i need my 5 points ! im 5 short !! ... 5 points please !!!!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Good online work bad live work.

Had a bad live session the other night. Lost $242 playing in the 10-20 oe game. I played super tight. Won $200 something on my first hand and then it was downhill from there. The table dynamic was interesting though. The game is attracting some good players and not too many poor players. I don't know if it makes sense for me to sit in the game anymore. Last year the players were so bad. This year, I guess the good players took notice and have flooded the game. I will make a few more appearances but if it keeps going bad I might have to stop going and focus on more profitable games.
    As for online, I am now at $24.63. The cash games online are pretty easy especially at the levels I am at right now. I am going to keep grinding the cash games and try to throw in some sit n gos and tourneys. There is not a ton of traffic on the sites I play so I wonder if the sit n gos would be worth it. I like to play a high volume when I play so I am not sure if I will give it a try at the level I am currently at. I will keep you posted with what i do. In any regard, good luck to all of you out there and see you on the felt.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast