Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62846.44

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The grind

PokerOwned Veteran
    I just finished an online freeroll session and it was pretty decent. i made two final tables and finished third in one of them. I made a few good plays and one really good bluff, I ran insanely good in one of the tourneys, but I am hung up on one hand I played poorly. I had 8 big blinds left at one of my final tables with 6 people left. I was in the big blind and the button raised to 3x. I had 44 and was planning on doing a stop and go but lost my nerve when the flop came a k j. There was a small chance he had 22-qq and my move would have gotten him to fold but I lost my nerve and check folded. Other than that, I liked my play on the night. I was able to increase my roll and am looking to get in another session this week. Moreover, this will be a big volume weekend for my live play as well. I might be putting in four days in a row. Thursday night, we are getting our old game 10-20 lo8 going again. Friday, I am either playing a tourney or cash. Same with Saturday, and Sunday wil either be cash or day 2 of my tourney. The tourney has multiple starting days and a 50k guarantee. So it looks like it is going to be a big volume week and this would be a great time to run good. Good luck to you all and see you on the felt.

Live bankroll: $3,976
    Online bankroll: $9.60

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaveUp1 View Post
    Luck and being on the felt are always a gamble.

You know it lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    Session number 12 is in the books and although it was profitable, I played pretty poorly. It was the first session of 10-20 Omaha eight or better this year and I was looking for a big score but I never got the ball rolling enough to make a big impact. I started out playing well but as the night went on and the game got short I played too passively and too wide. I got into the game a little bit late and by then the looser players had left. I was left with some rocks but also some people who called off too light. In any regard, I just couldn't get it going. I wound up making $113 and was looking to quit. I racked up my chips and walked away. The game was 5 handed and it was late so I figured I had enough. One of the worst players who was on tilt, begged me to play 10 more minutes because he was stuck and didn't want the game to break. I decided that this could be a 10 minute investment for hundreds of dollars in the future. Well, I stayed ten minutes more and gave away some profit. I finally walked away after the ten minutes up $63 for the night. It was a small win but I guess a win is a win. I have to stay focused on playing my A game all night long. I have a tendency to slip and play bad as the night goes on. I might start taking some extended breaks to clear my head and refocus every hour or so. I don't know, I guess it might help. Well, in any case, good luck to all of you and see you on the felt.

Live bankroll: $4,039
    Online bankroll: $9.60

PokerOwned Veteran
    Wow, great playing...Hope you wont have falls...and if you have them, hope they would be insignificant

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperLops007 View Post
    Wow, great playing...Hope you wont have falls...and if you have them, hope they would be insignificant
    Thank you. Every session is one step on a long journey. There will be ups and downs but all I can do is keep a level head and do my best

PokerOwned Veteran
    Need some run good today. I made it to day 2 of the Philly poker open event number 1. I am currently in 21st ish. 47 remain and they are paying out 27. First is $13,000. I will update after the tournament.

Seasoned Veteran
    I don't have any money goals, but I just want to have enough that I don't have to worry about busting my account online. Maybe $50 or something should be enough for me.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Bah. I finished 29th. O well, back to the grind. Good luck and see you the felt.

PokerOwned Veteran
    This is just another way to earn points here. Without these forum posts, there would be nothing. The End.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Here is my February in review:

$1,000 in profit. Failed -$461
    36 hours of cash. Failed. 30 hours
    4 day winning streak. Failed. 2 days
    7 winning days in the month. Failed. 3 days
    No more than 2 losing days in a row. Completed. 2 days
    Play one live tournament Completed. 1 tournament
    Win a freeroll. Failed

If I could sum it up in one word it would be failed lol. My fears were realized this month. I was worried with the shorter month and I was right. It was hard to get the volume in this month. Making matters worse, I was pretty busy with other commitments. I was only able to play 5 cash game sessions. It also didn't help that I was break even in those cash games. On the plus side, I played well in my tournament. It sucked that I bubbled but I felt pretty comfortable.
    March will be a better month. I will have more time to play even though I still have several social commitments that will eat away at my time. I am going to try to make it my highest volume month to date. Of course, that won't be too hard to do because my volume has been so light. Furthermore, I have to put in more volume in online. I think I played twice this month. I have to get more committed to poker. Any opportunity to play, I must take it. I want to build the roll up so that I don't have to play as many freerolls and can actually play real money games. 2 months in, and I'm still in the black and moving forward. I feel optimistic and I am ready to start building. Good luck to all of you in your challenges and see you on the felt.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast