Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64108.97

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The grind

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tdeuel214 View Post
    Goodluck online it's pretty messed up now days if you are in the U.S. a lot of bad play gets rewarded.
    I know man. Online has been pretty rough. I am optimistic it will get better. I am very patient and good things usually take time. Good luck to you as we'll.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EyegotnutZ View Post
    good job, I find live games to be much more profitable but less convenient here in MT for sure...December I had a great month and played alot...up $3100 in 5 sessions ...havent played much since but still running fairly well in the live games...online is very hit and miss for me...beaten by gutshots and 2 outers is the norm it seems...
    Awesome. Those are some excellent results for five sessions. I always believe volume is the key. The more you play when things are going well, the more money you can make. Also, when things are going poorly, and you are a good player, the more opportunities you will have to right the ship. Keep up the good work! Get your volume in!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Good news bad news lol. The bad news is my Saturday session was a loser. The good news was that I am still up for the week and the month. This session was interesting to say the least. I feel as though I played well. I was up between $150 and $240 for the first 5 of the 6 hours I played. The last hour was hell. Anything that could go wrong went wrong. One hand was particular brutal. I had buried aces and a king up in stud 8. I was heads up from third street to the end with a calling station. Her board was so bad I just kept betting and as it turns out, I was ahead the entire time until 7th where she made a flush. Se bricked fourth and should have folded. She bricked fifth and should have folded. She hit a four flush on sixth and then the flush on seventh. It was a kill pot so it was a $180 swing for me. There were two or three hands where I played absolutely perfected and bricked out causing further frustration. But overall, I liked how I played. I wound up losing $45 on the session. Not life changing not bankroll killing, just frustrating because I was up a nice chunk. But that's poker sometimes. You do everything right and are doing well and then all of sudden it goes bad. But you pick yourself up and start again. Rinse and repeat lol I am looking forward to getting back out there again this week and building the roll up. I have the wsop circuit this month and my eyes on Vegas in June. Big dreams start with small steps. In any regard, good luck and see you on the felt.

Seasoned Veteran
    set small goals, accomplish them 1 at a time, then move onto the next.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach27 View Post
    set small goals, accomplish them 1 at a time, then move onto the next.
    I agree men. Your preaching to the choir lol.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Small win in a short session

I went out for my regular Thursday 10-20 o8 session looking for a big win. Obviously from the title, that didn't happen. Moreover, the game didn't happen. It didn't get any interest. Only 3 people showed up. So I figured I would leave and go home. However, my friend had a different idea. The three of us who were on the list were going to play 5-10 mixed games. I was kind of hesitant because I had playing short handed but then he told me what the mix would be and I got excited. I have never played these games live but have played them a lot online, probably more than they have. The mix included stud 8, Omaha 8, badugi, razz, 2-7 triple draw, and ace to 5 lowball. I have a lot of experience with lowball games and I felt like I was a favorite to do really well. The session started out great. I was up a little over $100 and then I whiffed on a couple of Omaha hands. Then I was down but the lowball games up again and I went up $155. The session then was called short by my friend who was tired of losing lol. By that time I was up a whopping $34 lol. It was a small win but a fun win. I liked playing those games. I wish they went with more regularity. But as most of know, it's a no limit Holdem world. The other games aren't as popular and obviously barely run. Maybe the next poker boom will revolve around badugi lol. Probably not but i know they spread more variety in Vegas. Maybe this was the session that wet my whistle. The session that has motivated me to play better, build the bankroll, and make the journey to the wsop. I need to start building some momentum and quick. The wsop circuit is coming up and my roll is lower than I want it to be in order to take a shot. I have a few more sessions before the two tourneys I want to play. I don't know if I want to play one or both or none. I will let this week dictate how I feel. If I string a couple wins together, I will feel more confident, and will be more willing to take a shot. Hopefully, things go well and I will be posting about final tabling a circuit event this time next week. In any regard, good luck and see you on the felt.

Experienced Member
    Not bad!!! keep it up!!

Honestly the grind to build a bankroll is fun. Example: Deposit $100.00 into your account at bovada or wherever you play. First off what I like to do is hit the 0.50/$1 Fixed or $1/$2 Fixed Limit just to start, lets face it you go into a NL room with only $100.00 it can be gone in minutes. Example:You get pocket KK then the flop comes KAJ, well first thing your going to do if your smart is slow play it maybe a min bet or even a check because you just made 3 of a kind, not bad flop. But the ace and J is out there. Well you check, he best lets say $5.00, naturally you will stall then cal $5.00 then the Turn is a K, there you have it 4 of a kind. You know you have him, this is where you just check, then if your lucky he will bet about $20.00, naturally you hesitate again and call. Then the river comes another Ace. Your thinking to yourself I have pocket kings, and 2 kings on the board and there is 2 aces on the board, *There is no way he has pocket aces* So this is where you push $20.00 or whatever to make him think your trying to scare him, well he turns around and bets $100.00 which would put you all in. Well you have 4 Kings and the chance of him having 4 aces is maybe less than 1% so you call. Guess what, he had pocket aces and your broke. So until you build your roll do fixed limit 0.50/$1.00 or $1/$2

What I do is get on a table and my rule is 4 Good beats an hour, slow playing on the $1/$2. So $40-$60 an hour if your patiant. Then I switch tables, maybe even a lower limit. Get a few good beats and leave, not it is possible to get 4-5 good cash payouts on the new table in like 10 minutes, but switch tables, then I like to hit some micros no limit, Normally I can deposit $100.00 and turn it into $300.00 on a good day but people do suck out.

PokerOwned Veteran
    hopefully youve been doing well, the bankroll grinding isnt at all the fun part, the fun part is grinding after you have rax

Experienced Member
    I love the grind. if im up then im out thinking people and I love it

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast