Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66399.61

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Hybrid View

Seasoned Veteran
    A person pet peeve of mine is the people that just sit on their timers. Every hand. That drives me nuts.

PokerOwned Veteran
    People who clock kill annoy me solely because it decreases the # of hands per blind level. It has nothing to do with patience or success. It has to do with the fact that most people want to see as many hands per level as possible, and the people aren't thinking about a decision most of the time. It's normally because they are too busy eating or watching tv to pay attention to their game. That's the annoying aspect of online games. However, being a steady live player, I am used to losing time since people tend to take more time live as well as you get less hands per level in live play. I don't mind thinking players taking their time, but I do mind the fat guy watching football and eating nachos forgetting about their game.

EddieTorr
    Use the time you're waiting to earn PO points.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    yep... timer sitters need a killin'... some people go nuts and kill theirselves... lol...

PokerOwned Demi-God
    emanontrader... you keep your mindset in tact... and hopefully you'll be on my table soon... so I can take your chips... lol....

Experienced Member
    i agree it mas perfect sence to be patient and play the game

The biggest opponent in a tournament is the clock. If you can't stay above the blinds and antes you can't exploit your opponents. You can't rush a tournament, but you can persuade others to play loose and make terrible calls against you. I've always used the beginning few rounds to let my opponents think I bluff light and bet light on the river. When the blinds go up, you are then able to exploit the table but tightening up a little. You get paid off. But really the most important thing is staying on top of the blinds and playing that position to keep yourself afloat.

Of course, this is more of a strategy for a deep and longer blind structure. I usually play in B&M where blinds are 20-30 min with fairly deepish stacks.

Seasoned Veteran
    Its best to just wait for your best oppurtunity rather than take big risk when the blinds are getting big just be patient and wait for your spot

poker is a game for the patient. if you are trying to rush you lose.timing is everything. you also have to pay attention though. if you dont know what you are going to do when its your turn to act, you are probably not paying enough attention

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast