Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63354.89

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    folding AA to make the money is ridiculous, unless of course making the money is the same pay as making first place. The only time to fold aces in holdem would be when its on the bubble of a sattelite situation and its almost impossible for you not to make the next spot if you just fold out. In omaha I could see folding aces preflop if you have nothing to go with it but me personally couldnt see myself doing it

Elite PokerOwned Member jcolee2's Avatar
    sounds like a dumb idea...just cant do it in nl hold em...matusow...

PokerOwned God
    Very difficult to fold AA in any situation, but there are times when you should. Definitely when you are on the bubble and it puts you all in. Also if there are several players in an all in situation. Yeah, you may have the best percentage individually, but the odds are against you when you are up against everyone else.

PokerOwned Moderator
    LOL, that's insane. People like that shouldn't be playing poker in the first place. I would fold them only if all the places got paid the same and there were like 3-4 people shoving already. Heck, this might be dumb, but even stack for stack, I'd call just to get my heart racing, even though I'm risking placing.

it really does suck, i have done it a couple of times. one time i was on the buuble in a big tourny and wanted to cash. the other time i just didnt feel comfortable. the player raising was playing like an ass and had more chips than i did. so i folded and it turned out he had 8-4 off suit. ha haha he hit 2 pair on the flop and rivered a full house. glad i folded.

in a multi way pot aces are not favored. so if there was 2 or 3 allins before my turn to act i would fold aces if it was close to money or if my gut tells me to. Sometimes its not just about AA being the best starting hand. Heads up id never fold em but multi pot its a easy fold in right situation
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Master
    If you're playing a tournament just with the intention of being one better than the bubble your wasting your time. To say AA is easy to fold in multiway pots is simply insane. If your in a bubble situation you should not think twice about pushing... it really boggles my mind.

Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by janish View Post
    If you're playing a tournament just with the intention of being one better than the bubble your wasting your time. To say AA is easy to fold in multiway pots is simply insane. If your in a bubble situation you should not think twice about pushing... it really boggles my mind.
    totally agree... whats the point of wasting the best hand in poker just to make sure you get SOME money... id rather bubble out on AA getting getting beat. at least you're playing your cards and trying to win a larger chunk of the prize pool which is why we all play isn't it???

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I am getting my 5 points for writting this here in this forum, thank you

Current B2B Champ!
    i agree with jersey u have to fold AA when ur playing a satelitte and are on the bubble and there is is already sigfnificant action before you

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast