Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $65328.7

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LCDaScammer

I didn't read this thread for details, but LCDaBoss is playing in the Carbon PO right now and JBD asked him if he was planning on paying back and he just ignored him/didn't reply.

nothing will come of this thread.. lol
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

the problem that i see with it is that the scammers here (and lcd is a perfect example of this) show no real guilt nor conciseness for what they are doing, it is proven with the "yeah im a scammer, im still gunna play here and theres fuck all u can do about it" attitude, which is wrong...whilst i understand the issue with banning members (new accounts etc) but something anything needs to be done to change this guiltless attitude people need to be fearful of scamming it cant continue down the path it is
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    the problem that i see with it is that the scammers here (and lcd is a perfect example of this) show no real guilt nor conciseness for what they are doing, it is proven with the "yeah im a scammer, im still gunna play here and theres fuck all u can do about it" attitude, which is wrong...whilst i understand the issue with banning members (new accounts etc) but something anything needs to be done to change this guiltless attitude people need to be fearful of scamming it cant continue down the path it is

only way u can change that attitude is by BANNING. no fear of consequence.
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Zab
    The problem with banning is that they just make a new account and repeat the process..

Would you rather a new member scam people

or

Some type of upgrade that punishes scammers, the wall of scammers upgrade I talked about.. or someway to prevent it in the first place?

This is one my favorite quotes "Don't come to me with problems, come to me with the solution"

Basically... TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO AND I'LL CREATE THE UPGRADE
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    this exactly. and Zab, if a new member with no credibility comes and is tryign to ask for things, chances are people will already be hesitant becuase they are new and unknown, which is better then leaving the scammer unscaved

one thing you can implement is a trust system.... kinda like how SWC has.... to SOMEWHAT prevent ppl getting scammed...

but i think banning is best option... any new accounts will always be put under suspicion anyway....

zab cant you ban IP's?

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    The problem with banning is that they just make a new account and repeat the process..

Would you rather a new member scam people

or

Some type of upgrade that punishes scammers, the wall of scammers upgrade I talked about.. or someway to prevent it in the first place?

This is one my favorite quotes "Don't come to me with problems, come to me with the solution"

Basically... TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO AND I'LL CREATE THE UPGRADE
    i don't know the limits of what you can/cant do

id suggest leaving them as a member but severely restricting what they can and cant do...instant perma chat bans for example as if they post in chat and they are a known scammer it will only incite drama, limiting there market privilages, id say remove them completely and let u do all trades but it runs the risk of them just opening a new account (by all trades i mean they give u or poof the money/points they owe and u fgive them to the respricant) disallowing tournament coupon purchases or at least increasing how many points it costs to buy a coupon and putting that into the resipricants account but would be very hard to do cuz wouldnt be tracked via shark...just a few ideas though

restricting privileges is just stupid... why keep them around? so they can generate revenue for the site? and for themselves in another scam? lol

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by dk12 View Post
    restricting privileges is just stupid... why keep them around? so they can generate revenue for the site? and for themselves in another scam? lol
    no more like a donkey and a carrot on the string....give them enough to NOT create a new acount, allow them to earn revenue for the site and PAY BACK the members they have scammed but never give them enough so that they can freely scam again

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast