Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63312.14

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Potheads, pill poppers, and other druggies (and believe me I've been them all at times in my life) will all tell you they do better at whatever they do when they're under the influence. That is flat out bullshit, a form of denial, and helps them justify why they are addicted. If you're in recovery, as I am, you get it. If your not in recovery you will justify anything. There is far too much evidence to support the fact that when you're under the influence of a mind altering substance, pot included, that you have a decreased ability to perform ANYTHING, versus someone who is not under the influence. If you think otherwise then your just another addict in denial. Plain and simple.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I would say its a case to case basis, but overall id say very generally no it doesn't change anything. for most who think it does, at least they think it does and it builds their confidence. for me it does because I have injuries that cause soreness when seated for too long along with self diagnoses add and im very wrestles, so it just chills me out so I can relax and think for hours at a time. but then sometimes im stoned and make a burnout mistake haha

PokerOwned Demi-God DocHo11idaze's Avatar
    I think i play smarter when online and medicated. Dont snap call with mediocre hands and make slightly better plays. Live, i like to just get a little head change. Settles the nerves before a live mtt or ring game. If im playing 4/8 holden ill drink a bit. if im running good usually get a little buzzed, sometimes drunk and thats when its fun to run over a table and youre the drunk guy
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lilturkgirl View Post
    i heard bath salts inhances your poker game, turns you into a animal .. your be eating the other players alive!
    this made me LOL for real!! thanks

Seasoned Veteran
    admin i want you to see this person in private as he is talking about drugs just to make money, why don't you go for alcohol?

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilZelkin View Post
    I find that it depends on the kind of weed. If it is an indica I sometimes find myself not paying attention to the poker and instead thinking about eating some food or just zoning out. However, a quality sativa and its go time. My focus becomes sharper and my reads are more in-tune...
    true.. very true

Quote Originally Posted by treeman69 View Post
    yes im very serious, ive struggled with addiction for some years now but for the past year ive been in and out of recovery. it is a serious problem but i am slowly getting my life back, with the exception of my last major relapse i had been doin fairly well.

as for the original question, heroin/opiates relaxes my add/adhd(overactive mind) but on a few occasions deep in tournaments i have awoke from a nod to find myself blinded out or severely short stacked, so in moderation it seemed helpful but cost me a few big tournies.
    It's a tough struggle man, I've had a few friends and even an ex-gf lose their lives over that shit. Have been struggling with it myself, was in a Suboxone program for a couple years, but it's cheaper to get it on the street than through a doctor..which is pretty sad.
    Last edited by NuGHuFFeR; 09-14-2013 at 12:27 PM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    never smoked and never will... maybe......

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678