Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63444.63

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    PokerOwned God
    i think you guys do a great job in protecting the pw, i even notice you have a promo for beating the players who sneak in..vn idea..

Yeah, Zab is pretty on top of implementing new ways to keep this site fun and interesting. It never hurts when one of those ideas gets at those who are dirty little theives...

Password stealing is something that we will probably never be completely rid of, just like real life theft. The best we can do is have a community which encourages camaraderie, and a mutual respect of others who play the game. By playing the tournaments the way they were intended (opting in, meeting posting requirements, etc.) you maintain the integrity of that tournament.

Yay poker!

Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by annierc6 View Post
    What is wrong with someone giving out a password?
    everything is wrong with it you play in cardschat freerolls becasue you erned it from being a active member and meeting the criteria to get into them i am a cardschat user and have been for around 2 years know sooooooo to me if some1 gives the password out ban straight away in my eyes

Private
    I'm a moderator at Cardschat. I saw this thread and wanted to clear up a few misconceptions/false info here. Firstly, I just want to say thanks to gefishy and Zab for giving me the opportunity to address some things. Secondly, there are several members here who are also members of Cardschat and our Freeroll Club. We would not ban anyone just for being a member at another site, as long as they are honoring and following our site rules.

Thirdly, we have an absolute zero tolerance when it comes to password sharing. It is not only in our Rules/FAQ, but should be quite evident by the requirements we put in place in order to join our Freeroll Club. Our freerolls are meant as a thank you and a perk for our contributing members. Our zero tolerance policy towards password sharing goes both ways. Not only do we not tolerate sharing CC passwords, but we also do NOT allow the sharing of other forums' or private organizations' passwords on our site. We try to extend the same courtesy that we would like to receive from other forums in that regard. I really appreciate gefishy's efforts in trying to stop password sharing and for respecting CC site rules.

Now I wanted to address some comments I have seen here in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by OMGNickJonas View Post
    I hated Cardschat. Used to post on their boards and one day the freeroll passwords didn't get sent out, so me and a few others were politely asking the people there if it was gonna be up the next day. Everyone at the table got banned for life!
    There are a couple of things here. First, we never 'send out' passwords to our regular freerolls. Unless it is a restricted list freeroll (like we used to have with Full Tilt), or a special event freeroll (like our league games that you sign-up for separately), our passwords are and have always been posted on the site before game time. Now, there have been a few instances in the past when the server was down on the site and we could not log in to update the password. However, we would never BAN someone for asking when or if a password would get posted. And I can tell you that I cannot recall a single instance ever when we banned an entire table of players just for asking an innocent question (and I've been a mod at CC for over 5 years). That would be ridiculous. Now, if someone was being abusive in chat or on the boards, they very well could have been banned; but we try to give a warning first. It's up to the user whether or not they'll follow through. I don't know what your CC username was, so I wasn't able to look up the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlackbird View Post
    Yup that's how they are in Cardschat they simple banned people for making misstake, when I ask them when they going to lift my account? They said never!! And later ignore all my posts
    Again, I'm not sure what your CC name was, so couldn't look up what you're talking about here. But again, depending on what it was, and if it was an honest mistake, we work with people (unless it was password sharing...that's not an honest mistake imo).

Quote Originally Posted by AAChipMagnet View Post
    I got my account deleted at CardsChat and no doubt because I'm a member here. They are a bunch of elitist jaggoffs for the most part and should have used a restricted list at Carbon like they did/do at FTP.
    Your account is not deleted or banned, and you've never received an infraction or anything of the sort, so I'm not sure what you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteyweestro View Post
    I'm a member over there also and after i played in one of the Carbon free rolls they held i can say i have never seen a bigger group of sniveling crybabies who attacked anyone that wasn't in their little cliques & who dared to use the cards we were dealt to beat them. Made me not want to play there in freerolls anymore
    I'm not sure if you mean people just whining about cards played, or actually being abusive in chat. If it's being abusive, then we do not tolerate that. We want our tournaments to be enjoyable for everyone, and so expect members to keep abusive chat out of our games. If you feel that someone is being over the top in chat during our games, I encourage you to copy the chat and send it to a moderator via pm. We will review the chat and take whatever action we deem necessary.

Ok, now that I've written a short novel, I hope that clears some things up. I'll be happy to answer questions if anyone has them.
    Last edited by juiceeQ; 07-28-2011 at 01:27 AM.

People for real. If you want the password go to cardschat and create an account. After so many posts and like 30 days or something you can get the password for yourselves

PokerOwned Veteran Peteyweestro's Avatar
    Hey Juicee good to see someone respond to this thread, thats great. Now for my issue i have played in a buy-in or 2 i think and i had no problems with the way it went & how the members acted, but the first time i was able to play in the Carbon free roll it was bad, there were like 4 people that was obvious were friends and they were all supportive of each other, no problem right ? The issue was those same would gang up on anyone that beat them in a hand if the cards played in that hand did not meet their requirments and they would get really foul as far as i was concerned, so that being my first example i think i have played in like 2 or 3 free rolls there max but i guess you can't let a couple of bad apples ruin the whole barrel right. Well that was the basic's of my encounter though it was more detailed then i mention here but i still like the forum anyways
    All money ain't good money......
    and all bitches ain't female neither !

Private
    Hey Juicee good to see someone respond to this thread, thats great. Now for my issue i have played in a buy-in or 2 i think and i had no problems with the way it went & how the members acted, but the first time i was able to play in the Carbon free roll it was bad, there were like 4 people that was obvious were friends and they were all supportive of each other, no problem right ? The issue was those same would gang up on anyone that beat them in a hand if the cards played in that hand did not meet their requirments and they would get really foul as far as i was concerned, so that being my first example i think i have played in like 2 or 3 free rolls there max but i guess you can't let a couple of bad apples ruin the whole barrel right. Well that was the basic's of my encounter though it was more detailed then i mention here but i still like the forum anyways
    I have seen some cases of what you're talking about, and we have talked to some parties involved. In fact, of the ones that I think were doing that, I can think of a few who don't really play anymore. But yeah, don't let a few bad apples ruin it for you. Like I said, just let us know and we will do what is necessary. For the most part I find the chat at my tables fun and friendly.

Banned
    Cardschat rules about getting the freeroll password are ridiculous.

Private
    I'm a member over there also and after i played in one of the Carbon free rolls they held i can say i have never seen a bigger group of sniveling crybabies who attacked anyone that wasn't in their little cliques & who dared to use the cards we were dealt to beat them. Made me not want to play there in freerolls anymore
    Come on now Petey.. > kettle <> pot ??
    I'm guessing you're not playing in them cuz they're -ev, because alot of the members on there who play in those freerolls are actually very good players. I could be wrong but I'm guessing 'good read' me

see you in the next one!

Good to see Wellfrigyournh got the ol' bannament... 'gg'

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDoofus View Post
    Come on now Petey.. > kettle <> pot ??
    I'm guessing you're not playing in them cuz they're -ev, because alot of the members on there who play in those freerolls are actually very good players. I could be wrong but I'm guessing 'good read' me

see you in the next one!

Good to see Wellfrigyournh got the ol' bannament... 'gg'

CardsChat freerolls are by far the most competitive freerolls on the net imo. There is a lot you can learn by playing people with real skill vs playing against the any 2 cards im shoving mentality. lol
    <joshtheking> but he doesnt want me this site is all he wants not even sex hed reather be wacking while playing raather then me on him

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast