Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Cardschat.com Password Stealing

Afternoon all!

I received a message this afternoon from an admin at CardsChat that accuses our members of openly announcing their passwords. While I am still trying to get more details (how anybody could steal a password from them if you need to be on a restricted list, for example) I would like to simply state the following:

1) I ask that if anybody is currently distributing the password for CardsChat free-rolls among the membership here, that it stops immediately.

2) If I catch anybody using the chatbox or forums to openly spread the password, they will receive an immediate chat-ban and have their thread closed. Further indiscretions will be dealt with.

3) If you need a reminder as to how I personally feel about password stealing feel free to read this: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f11...ords-3468.html

Now I need your help. Does anybody know how you could steal a password from CardsChat? I thought you had to be on a restricted list to even get in. I didn't even know that they had passwords...

Also, if anybody knows who is doing the supposed password sharing, could you please shoot me a PM and let me know. Nobody is getting into any "trouble" yet, this is just information gathering.

OK, I'm off my soapbox now. Peace.
    Last edited by Zab; 07-09-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I do not think anyone can regsitrar, you have to allow input from the page is restricted

I would assume it to mean that current members on the restricted list who have not qualified to play them in a while or just once in a while are the ones they are talking bout. Which is a quick in house fix for them. Just ban/bar there own members who have violated the rules. Don't know why they would be bothering you about it. I've thought on this P/W issue for a while now as well. The only way I see it, is to give out 1 dummy p/w to one member or 10% of the opt in population (depending on how harsh you want to be with it. These players would not get in. You do this until you don't have any more freeloaders. If the freeloaders return, you re-implement the dummy p/w's. It's a pain, but, it would deter p/w stealing. Tho, the way zab has it now, it's pretty hard to get the p/w out and reg, unless they are all in same ip (or ip grouping which is an easy fix as well) More banning/barring of accounts would be necessary tho, and I know those are not popular w/ site owners/managers.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I'm glad to see this post. It has always bothered me that we had a place in the forum for posting passwords, and I agree that NO password sharing should be tolerated. I am also a member of Cardschat, and while it is impossible to steal their Full Tilt pw's, it would still be possible to steal them for some of the other poker rooms. Thanks again for the clarification.

I think we would all hate for password thieves to worm their way into our games, let's also make sure they do not use this forum as a staging ground to act like a big D-bag by doing it elsewhere.

PokerOwned Master
    I spent way too much time posting on CC to get qualified to be in their freerolls. I also spend way too many times bubbling, like their last game on Carbon I placed 11th and only 10 get paid, to even want to give away a password. I made this clear when tval35 was searching for it a week ago, and so was nxtivey19.
    In their defense, as many posts as they have on this site, they are probably well on their way to becoming CC freerollers if they keep posting as frequently as they do. Both are quality forums, PO and CC. We don't need squabbles to ruin a good thing in this down environment.

I don't really care about CardsChat, I wonder if they are still super strict with they rules. I was registered years ago.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

I'm a CC member,, I never give out passwords to anyone, for any forum. Why would anyone want to risk getting banned, or cut down their odds of cashing ? I know it's old fashion, but there is a thing called "LOYALTY".
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned Master
    ya, password stealing just ruins the freerolls. becoming a member is certainly a more viable option

CardsChat has a freeroll on Carbon that requires a password,,,in fact I placed 3rd this past Wednesday. I've been a member since April 2008.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Banned
    What is wrong with someone giving out a password?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast