Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64902.12

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member

Bought an old Xbox

My friend turned his old Xbox into a cool media center, so I decided to do the same. The problem is that the friend has moved away, and I really don't know what I'm doing. Are there any Xbox modders out there that can give me some advice? I have joined a modding community, but they aren't exactly friendly with a newbie like me (are we like that with poker newbies here?).

So for 30 euros I got an old Xbox (version 1.0) in really great shape, two controllers, two memory cards, and the DVD plug-in thingie for playing DVDs, and an unopened copy of the game RIDDICK. Tomorrow I am going to buy a chip that will reset the BIOS of the XBox, but I'm nervous about opening it up, pulling out the mother board and soldering. It's only 30 euros if I completely destroy the thing, but if anyone has any tips, I would be obliged.

PokerOwned God
    well the only game i play on xbox is madden so i guess i cant help you.

#NiggasInParis

Elite PokerOwned Member joshtheking's Avatar
    xbox not my thing srry but i still play reg nintendo and super nintendo thts my thing

lowball
    Unless you really want to do a normal mod, there's no reason to go out and buy a chip anymore. I recommend doing a softmod instead, and then upgrade the hard drive. I'll guide you through the process. Right now I have an old xbox with a 500GB hard drive, with 200 xbox games on it and about 2000 classic games (Regular Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Arcade). it's also a media center and can stream pretty much any movie that has been uploaded to megaupload (which is pretty much everything)
    Last edited by lowball; 10-10-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Elite PokerOwned Member joshtheking's Avatar
    lol nice lowball
    FORGIVENESS IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!THATS RIGHT THE KING IS BACK AND THIS TIME FOR GOOD SO DONT GET COMFORTABLE ,YOU BETTER PLAY TIGHTER.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    You are the guy I'm looking for then Lowball. I was just on my way to buy a Muppet-X chip when I read this. You are now the second person that has recommended the Soft Mod, although the forum I joined the experts told me that if you want all the bells and whistles and cool stuff, I will need to solder a chip in. I may try to find me another console so I can do both. Anyway, I understand I will need a copy of Splinter Cell to do the Soft Mod, and what else will I need?

lowball
    Here's what I used for the softmod.

1. Splinter Cell
    2. Xbox Memory Card and controller
    3. Super Joybox 10 (to plug controller into PC and transfer gamesave exploit to memory card - also lets you use controller on pc)

Alternatively you can use an action replay instead of the super joybox 10/regular memory card.

If you plan on upgrading the hard drive this is the one I am using and it works flawlessly.
    Last edited by lowball; 10-10-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Alrighty, I'll be getting back to you. I have #2 right now. I am currently hitting the used games stores to find Splinter Cell, then #3 I suppose, which I at the moment, I've got no idea what you are talking about. What is Super Joystick 10 and Action Replay?

lowball
    You either need an action replay or super joybox deal to transfer the gamesave exploit from your pc to the card. If you do the super joybox then you will plug in the controller with memory card to the pc and then use the action replay program to transfer it. It's pretty much the same process for the action replay.

Once you get the exploit on the card you go into the regular xbox dashboard and transfer that exploit to the hard drive. Then you pop in the splinter cell disc and load a new profile. You should see a profile titled LINUX that will initiate the softmod installer.

One more thing you should pick up is a crossover cable if you plan on transferring games and programs from the pc to the xbox. You can use also use 2 regular ethernet patch cables if you plug both directly to a router or switch.
    Last edited by lowball; 10-10-2011 at 08:40 PM.

PokerOwned Master
    nice thread pritty intresting

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast