Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63202.39

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Its Tebow Time.

Winning in High school and college have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to winning in the NFL, Yes he is an amazing leader, puts his heart on his sleeve, gives everything he has left on the field. But HS/College have nothing to do with winning in the NFL. We all have witnesses 100's on players that were GOD's on the field in HS and NCAA and just down right suck in the pros. its a tottally different game.

We can go back and forth on if hes good or not, Yes they gotta build the playbook around him and let him be him and not (Manning/Brady Molded) but at the end of the day he cant throw the ball and yes his mechanics are horrible...Just give it another few weeks and all the other NFL teams will have enough film on him and see what works and what doesnt and they are gonna bury him alive. Like I said earlier Im not a Tebow hater, I like him alot and would love to see him succeed more than anyone but we gotta be realistic

But he can throw the ball. You can say HS/College is different thats a fair point but its not like all of a sudden he cant throw the ball anymore. Tebow has stared what 5 games so far. This last game being his 1st this season. Say what you want about being in practice. Nothing compares to being on the field. So obviously his throwing/decisions will be not be the best until he gets a few games under his belt. Let him play the rest of the season and see if he can do it. Also note going into the miami game denver traded their best reciever and lost their best RB.

Tebow imo gets alot of heat for no reason. Look at flacco against Jacksonville, and so many other QB's in the nfl arent that good either, but none of them can do what Tebow can with his legs.

Seasoned Veteran
    So far there's nothing that shows he can't succeed and he has the heart of a winner which means more than people think, he almost willed his team to victory all on his own after a terrible start, very few rookies can finish like it...how much of that was on the dolphins though, maybe all of it, but I'm just saying I haven't seen why he can't win yet. He'll never be a manning or a brady, that's obvious from a few very poor throws, but as a QB ur asked to be a leader and to win games, QB rating doesn't matter, completion percentage doesn't matter, it just matters that you get it done, and until he shows that he isn't a winner I won't buy into the people saying he can't win in the NFL. No one ever thought brady would make it in the nfl and he's now one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. One of the guys on NFL network compared it to a game at a fair where you throw a ball through a hole or something to win a stuffed animal. Tebow might not make it through the hole, but he'll probably walk away with all the stuffed animals lol AND even if he doesn't cut it out at QB, he'll be a leader and a winner at another position. The difference between winning and losing is sometimes just having solid player to player leadership.
    Last edited by mman97; 10-27-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Experienced Member
    Tebow is not an NFL quarterback. The only thing that he has going for him is his intangibles, which rank off the chart. If Tebow wants to succeed, he needs to quickly improve on his pocket awareness and throwing motion. He overthrew several open receivers. I hope that Tebow can become competitive, because he is what the NFL needs. Too bad he probaly won't, but he would make for a helluva Tight End.

Quote Originally Posted by unosonnn View Post
    Tebow is not an NFL quarterback. The only thing that he has going for him is his intangibles, which rank off the chart. If Tebow wants to succeed, he needs to quickly improve on his pocket awareness and throwing motion. He overthrew several open receivers. I hope that Tebow can become competitive, because he is what the NFL needs. Too bad he probaly won't, but he would make for a helluva Tight End.
    Id argue that his overthrowing is simply rustiness. I'd assume no matter how much practice you have nothing compares to actually standing in the pocket with the D running at you trying to kill you. But the thing is Tebow has never claimed to be the best pocket passer or the most accurate guy.

If you look at the 4th quarter when the game was on the line tebow was more than able to pull off the passes, but that because they let him play, Then went to the shotgun hurry up offense which suits tebow style and he got the win.

Im not saying tebow is gonna be a pro bowler or anything like that. But he deserves a chance. And by chance i dont mean letting him start but making him try to play like a brady. Just let him play his game and see if he sinks or swims.

Experienced Member
    Prawney,
    I'm not saying that Tebow ever claimed to be a great pocket passer or an accurate guy. He is neither, which is something that he must improve on quickly to survive as a NFL quarterback. He has looked lost in the pocket last game, and his accuracy leaves something to be desired. His teammates play for him, which is a plus.

I've seen the amazing 4th quarter that Tebow had. I've also noticed in the first 3 quarters that he looked very uncomfortable in the pocket and couldn't hit an open receiver. If it wasn't the Luck bound Dolphins that Denver was playing, then Tebow wouldn't have had a chance to have his fourth quarter.

I like the intangibles that Tebow possesses, but his mechanics are crap and he throws one of the prettiest ducks I've ever seen. If he doesn't improve on this quickly, the chance that he has now will be a thing of the past.

So are you guys still saying hes a great QB?? LMAO!! look at his stats today....he is horribleee!!!!! good guy but hes not a QB in the NFL....he will be a pro bowl caliber QB if he played in the UFL or CFL lol but not NFL sry Tebow your time in the NFL as a QB will be done after this year, maybe 1 more year with a different team but thats it.....Tebow #82 TE for the Jets!!! in 2013

PokerOwned God
    tebow not looking good today..it will be a long next week for him, i still wish him luck...my boy cam newton is going through the same thing..we cant win for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by TrueOC View Post
    So are you guys still saying hes a great QB?? LMAO!! look at his stats today....he is horribleee!!!!! good guy but hes not a QB in the NFL....he will be a pro bowl caliber QB if he played in the UFL or CFL lol but not NFL sry Tebow your time in the NFL as a QB will be done after this year, maybe 1 more year with a different team but thats it.....Tebow #82 TE for the Jets!!! in 2013
    Aaron Rodgers would have lost today if he was Denvers QB. I never claimed hes gonna be a pro-bowler or hall of famer but he deserves to start. While Tebow was been at the broncos they are 4 and 14 when he wasnt starting and 2 and 3 when he was starting. So its not like hes playing for a great team that loses because of him.

Tebow is a winner period. With a little more experience and some better players around him he will start winning in the NFL too. You need to have a team to win in the NFL. One player will not do it for you.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast