Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64328.69

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I just played a little 4 hour session and was like +40. Was kinda disappointed with how the cards came towards the end. I was playing a 5-10 stud game with a super fish who said he would play me any game any stakes. He said stud was his best game. I thought to myself," if stud is this guys best game I wanna play him at a game that is unfamiliar, but I am good at." I played him 10-20 2-7 triple draw and lost $90 the first hand and he insta sits out and says GG. Fuck that shit. I later scooped him in a pretty big pot and told him GG and then stayed. He then asked me why I was still there like 5 minutes later. I told him I would have to be crazy to even think about leaving such a juicy game with him in it. He kept mouthing off to me, and towards the end I pulled a Lil G, and told him to SHUT UP BISH. Was kinda funny. I just raked another $95 for Carbon. I wanted to make Carbon Vip this month, but I am fractionally off pace and don't know if its going to happen this month. (Only 28 days and all) No good PM4 events tomorrow, so I might just take it easy. GL @ the tables, see ya around.

Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    I just played a little 4 hour session and was like +40. Was kinda disappointed with how the cards came towards the end. I was playing a 5-10 stud game with a super fish who said he would play me any game any stakes. He said stud was his best game. I thought to myself," if stud is this guys best game I wanna play him at a game that is unfamiliar, but I am good at." I played him 10-20 2-7 triple draw and lost $90 the first hand and he insta sits out and says GG. Fuck that shit. I later scooped him in a pretty big pot and told him GG and then stayed. He then asked me why I was still there like 5 minutes later. I told him I would have to be crazy to even think about leaving such a juicy game with him in it. He kept mouthing off to me, and towards the end I pulled a Lil G, and told him to SHUT UP BISH. Was kinda funny. I just raked another $95 for Carbon. I wanted to make Carbon Vip this month, but I am fractionally off pace and don't know if its going to happen this month. (Only 28 days and all) No good PM4 events tomorrow, so I might just take it easy. GL @ the tables, see ya around.
    Very funny story, thanks for sharing. Glad you are keeping up on this thread, really good to see someone on the verge of some of the accomplishments you are aiming for. Keep your eyes on the prize and good luck in your quest for greatness. Best of luck, Nate

Just take poker serious in general. I started here because I was down like $400 on Carbon, and refused to put any more of my money on the site, especially with it being semi-risky. I started here and built up a little $700 roll and because of poor BRM I went broke. I restarted here at PO about 2.5 months ago, and I haven't looked back. I wouldn't consider what I have to be life changing, but I, am being cautious not to go busto again. I still have bad BRM, but I have greatly improved it. Play here at PO seriously, and your game will improve.
    I used to be one of those guys that complained about how badly people played, and would irrationally argue that it was next to im[possible to win with all the Donkeys in the mtt's. Thinking about it though, that is so illogical. If you can't beat the Fr's here for enough money to build a workable BR, then you need to continue working on your game. Sharking here had a thread where he built his BR up to about 1k before he played anything other than PO FR's and 2c/4c NLHE cash games. If you put in a little time and effort to get better, you can make a decent amount of money playing poker as a hobby. Good luck, I need to seriously get some sleep.

Well I have been burning the candle at both ends as of late. School and late night poker sessions + going out with friends had me exhausted today. I slept for like 16 hours before and after classes. I just played another Limit Stud and Limit 08 session @ + $120. I played 2 hands poorly, and they cost me like $80. I had AAA all rolled up in stud and couldn't improve to a FH and got run down by a flush. It was Stud H/L so I should have folded on 5th or 6th, but I didn't really give up too much. It was close, but I did lose some EV. Really struggling with whether or not I am going to play the $215 HORSE mtt tonight. I know I have an edge, but it takes a couple 3-4 hour sessions to recoup a BI like that. I play kinda aggressive in mixed games, and you obviously can't re-buy in a freezeout. I really want to build the BR up pretty high and invest like 3k in a nice grind station. That way I could 6 table some mixed games + surf the web and watch tv shows while I play. I kinda do all that stuff now, just on a 15" screen which is difficult. Feel free to post your progress itt.

Well I booked another small session. I literally lay down and can't fall asleep,even though I am tired. All I can think about lately is building my BR a little more. I think when this month is over, I will withdraw all but like $500 and go back to playing more sparingly. Some times I really don't feel like playing, but it's late at night and I an bored so.... I just reached 10,000 VIP points this month. All of them have come in the last 10 days as well. I have been watching Californication while I grind. I had already watched the 1st and part of the 2nd season, and I picked up where I had left off. Also added a couple of JT's new singles to my already bitchin playlist. Ok I am going to go back and lay down. Hopefully I get some good rest. Lol I sound like some old person with RLS or something.

Well I am close to passing $3000 in my BR. With redeemable points I am over $3200. Have continued cautiously playing bigger mixed limit games with some success. Really hoping to make a strong run in the Last Man Standing promotion. My best rake day was almost $170, so I figure I can make it down to the bigger prizes. My goal is to earn @ least $300 through the promotion. My goal was $3000 by months end, but now I am really pushing for $5000. I guess it will all depend on how many shots I take at bigger games and how I run at them. I had a $750 roll that I quickly built from scratch and lost just as quickly. This time I am being far more judicious with my game selection. Would be pretty painful to lose. Would be nice to get a cash-out and be able to have enough left to grind during the summer so I don't have to get a summer job. Wish me luck.

PokerOwned Master
    wow this is impressive, have only played mixed games in freerolls so far, you really have to be goo in them to get some money out of regs...

Seasoned Veteran
    oh well done. I cant stand mixed games there so boring. holdem and PLO are the only games that are fun playing.

i would be so sad if it was my macbook

Ok status update. I have raked $210 today. I am again back on track to get Carbon VIP by months end. If I can have a few solid days and not drop with my BR, I will be able to continue playing bigger games to enable the run. I took a little BR hit earlier, but the VIP points will absorb most of the loss. When I hit Carbon VIP I will be able to redeem 20,000 points for $700. I have about 12,000 atm. I plan on playing in the Happy Hours between 11-3 Wed/TF. You get double VIP points during those days and hours. I am still in the LMS promo along with 160+ people. Wish those MFer's would stop playing already. With 3 days over $150 in rake, I am encourage that I can make it to the 15th of March without using any of my free days. That will be worth a $100 additional bonus. Also by that time I should be guaranteed another $200+ from the Last Man Standing promotion. I am playing the $60 Stud08 game tonight, which is easily my best game. I really hope to make a Ft in that event. If I make a deep run I will give you guys a live stream of it. I ran so badly @ 10-20 (2-7) triple draw today it wasn't even funny. This idiot kept drawing a card with 1 draw vs my stand and getting there. He must have robbed me of $1000 worth of equity, I am not even freaking joking. I was literally about to tilt. 2-7 is a cruel game. So $60 Stud08 and possible $33 PLO mtt tonight, even though I am prolly giving 25% up in PLO. It's a PM4 event so whatevs.... Like I said, if I make a deep run I will throw a link up for the railbirds. Alright I'm out, back to the grind in a bit.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast