Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63008.71

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    bankroll management is really everything in order to be a winning player anybody can be good at poker but to follow the rules of bankroll management is what can make u or break you

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    There's NO difference between leaving the room with a (+) increase and NOT going back than leaving with a (-) increase.

you should always have 25 buy ins left in your bankroll left for whatever stakes you are playing. For example if you buy into a 2cent/4cent no limit table with 2 dollars. You should have 50 dollars left in your account. this will help with bankroll management. Also go to pokerstrategy.com and read about bankroll management

PokerOwned Veteran
    There are two main thoughts present here, money management of the br as well as types of gameplay.

Through experience I have found one of the easiest ways to build your br is to start with a double or nothing format. Dub's are fairly easy to place in as one only needs to beat half the crowd. Carbon has 6 and 10 player games starting at $1.08, $2.16, $3.24 for 10 ppl and $2.16, $3.24 for 6 ppl. The objective is now to stay alive through half the crowd, hence tight and selective. Try to avoid Turbo's so you can be choosy with hand selection with much time before blind problems. Be willing to throw away mediocre calls with the focus on survival and you should be able to get paid.

As to br management, I am somewhat ingraded to the portfolio management theory of no more risk than 1/20 or 5% of your roll on any proposition. However when considering the type of game one is playing and then factoring in the liklihood of placement I tend to gravitate to 10% for dub's. Outliving 3 or 5 people in a dub is a higher probability that placing in 10+ person SNG's. If the crowd is significant than minimal should be risked as the payout is of much greater mutiples.

Experienced Member
    I have never been able to manage my bankroll well.

Banned
    I like to start with smaller stakes, then increase as the roll gets higher

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytradin View Post
    There are two main thoughts present here, money management of the br as well as types of gameplay.

Through experience I have found one of the easiest ways to build your br is to start with a double or nothing format. Dub's are fairly easy to place in as one only needs to beat half the crowd. Carbon has 6 and 10 player games starting at $1.08, $2.16, $3.24 for 10 ppl and $2.16, $3.24 for 6 ppl. The objective is now to stay alive through half the crowd, hence tight and selective. Try to avoid Turbo's so you can be choosy with hand selection with much time before blind problems. Be willing to throw away mediocre calls with the focus on survival and you should be able to get paid.

As to br management, I am somewhat ingraded to the portfolio management theory of no more risk than 1/20 or 5% of your roll on any proposition. However when considering the type of game one is playing and then factoring in the liklihood of placement I tend to gravitate to 10% for dub's. Outliving 3 or 5 people in a dub is a higher probability that placing in 10+ person SNG's. If the crowd is significant than minimal should be risked as the payout is of much greater mutiples.
    Thank you Daytradin. You give some pretty good insight. My BR management isn't too good, as I can only manage losing!

Banned
    any time you double up at cash table leave.... and start over....

I feel like 3-4 tables is the best to play to maximize my profit, in cash games at least. Idk about tourneys

Quote Originally Posted by GottImHimmel View Post
    Guys. Thanks everyone for your kind replies. I just redeemed $10 from pokerowned with 5,300 points, yay!
    Sweet!!! Good Luck with your Br Management, Hope you turn it into a nice chunk to cash out with. Keep us posted when you can.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast