Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64404.78

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dk12 View Post
    I rarely fire more than 1 bullet tho... I prefer starting early... But if u can pick spots properly to shove... Then late reg is great.. Cuz ull be like 30 mins saway from itm.... Whicch is one 2x up away usually..
    the way late reg sucks thois if ur just card dead! then it REALLY sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by NateVest View Post
    As many poker players know, the average tournament requires you to be registered on time or else you can't play. However, there are also an increasing number of late registration poker tournaments these days, which, as the name implies, allow you to enter a tourney late with a full starting stack.

The most obvious benefit to registering late is that you still get to play in a tournament, despite not registering at the official start time. And this works out great for those procrastinators and/or busy people who just can't make a certain tourney on time.

Aside from the perk of playing in a tournament after it is already begun, some players want to know if there are any other benefits to late registration. The reason why is that it seems like you might gain some sort of advantage by jumping into a tourney when plenty of opponents have already been eliminated. But while this thought might seem logical, the truth is that you are actually hurting yourself with late registering, as I will explain below.

Missing the Fish

The first problem with late registration is that you will see fewer fish after jumping into a tourney later. On average, more fish are going to bust out in the early going, and so it's nice to get involved quickly before they are gone. And while some bad players will survive into the later levels, the number will not be as significant as in the beginning.

Starting with a Handicap

The point of poker tournaments is to finish as high as you possibly can to win the big prizes. However, you make it that much more difficult to do so by late regging since you're basically starting with a handicap. Sure you begin with a full starting stack; however, many of the surviving players are going to have bigger chip stacks than you by this point.

Beginning Deep Stacked

One more perk of registering on time is that you are deep stacked right away and can patiently wait for your chances. Contrast this to late registering, where you're immediately behind the top players and you have less big blinds. It?s never fun to start with this kind of pressure, so it's recommended that you sign up on time.

While normal registration is preferable to signing up late, keep in mind that many poker sites do offer later registration in case you're running a little behind schedule.
    this i TOTALLY agree w!

tex
    PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zingbust View Post
    Good answers, but to the wrong question...I already mentioned in my OP that the reasons for extremely late registration has already been answered. My question is why do you want to register just a little bit late, like a minute or 2 or 5?????

The tourneys I'd like to play in on BCP/ACR get usually get cancelled because they usually don't get the minimum 6 players to start.

YOU GUYS (I don't mean you, or you, or you specifically) refuse to get in there on time so that we get 6 players. Instead, on those rare occasions where 6 of us are there and ready to play and the tourney starts, within 2 minutes there are 10 players, within 5 minutes, there are 14, and so on and by the time late reg ends we get a nice 40 - 50 players, producing a great tournament with great value.

So, I ask you once again to please change your nasty habits of refusing to be the first on the dance floor. Just get in there and register a couple minutes early!!
    I play on Bovada PO free rolls mostly were there is no late registration and you only get 5 minutes to register.

PokerOwned Pro
    You don't gain anything... rather you lose value

Parlay Champion
    Yeah you just gain the 2 hours you skipped basically

PokerOwned Veteran
    I play both ways I make up time and make the money faster when I late register and some tourneys I early register and pay not to get zonked off by dodo moves wit k8 Q7 hands when I above with AK
    Ahndrri F.

Late registration allows you to wait out the first several levels of the MTT where everybody has 100-200 bbs. You have to play a lot tighter in early levels and at could put yourself in a disadvantaged position by playing even hands like QQ for too much of your stack pre flop. It is easier to play regular ABC poker once the blinds have gone up to the 4-6 levels.

PokerOwned Veteran
    late registering isnt one of my favorite things to do, deepstack play is more fun and better skill wise for me at least

Experienced Member
    Less bb = more action, for someone like Hellmuth who is viewed as a nit, he passes the early stage where everyone is folding and helps him get more action because people are more like to put chips in with less bb's

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Depending on the game I sometimes buy in late. Generally if the payout field is deep and the late reg is long (especially on the carbon network) then cashing is super easy and your only a few double ups for contention at real profit. Also rebuys where the addon is large, sometimes I'll get into those.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast