Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $65721.64

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran
    I play on pokerstars. Unfortunately I do not have their own contribution, I focus on the game freeroll if I win it paid.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Last night I played the same freeroll and I was eliminated holding a pair of kings and I had a healthy stack of about 20 big blinds at the time. Preflop action: I don't remember whether there were anyone limping in front of me or if it was just folded to me, but I was in middle position and I raised to four or five big blinds and it folded around to one of the blinds who raised all in. My opponent had me covered by about five or ten big blinds and something about his previous plays lead me to believe that he wasn't holding a pair of aces but he had a pair of kings or ace king at best or that he was just trying to use his or her big stack to bully the table to win more chips. I considered folding because I would still have a healthy stack of chips and he could of hit the flop with whatever he had. I called all in and it turned out I was right. He had ace queen offsuit and on the flop he paired his ace so I lost again.
    I am not happy with this result because I could of folded and walked away with a healthy stack and I still would of been in the tournament, I still would of had a chance. Instead I got greedy.
    Why would you be upset about this result? You called essentially what he had and had the better hand

PokerOwned Pro
    i know your pain last night my A's got cracked by a QJ dude called 3 all ins with QJ pokerowned players are awesome he would have been left with 2000 late into the tourney

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator3 View Post
    Why would you be upset about this result? You called essentially what he had and had the better hand
    I'm upset because I got knocked out of the tournament. My first thought was to fold because he's got a bigger stack so he might be just trying to bully everyone with his big stack and then he would get lucky on the flop and beat me or he could of had a pair of aces and he still would of beat me. I could of followed my instinct and folded but I went with conventional wisdom and called.
    On the other hand I was right, I had the better hand so I'm kind of happy about that.
    But I got greedy and it would of been very difficult to fold that hand so I needed a reason to call.
    If I were in the same situation I would like to think that I would fold, but I would probably do the same thing over again.

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    Thank you for your interest and comments.

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    My current carbon bankroll is $22.11 with 160 vip points.
    I actually won more than that but its in the form of tournament coupons instead of cash.
    At about 11:30 pm earlier tonight I finished my first $1.10 double or nothing sng and I registered for another one.
    Once I started playing the second sng I realized that I wouldn't have enough time to play five sng's to earn a freeroll fury tournament coupon.
    So I registered for three of the cheaper sng's that you can win tournament coupons from cause I figured that if I win both double or nothings then that would cover the cost of entering the coupon tournaments.
    I have a pretty good record with the $1.10 double or nothings, but I haven't been so great with the cheap coupon tournaments.
    I played the freeroll fury and I bombed it.
    I don't play so well when I'm hungry, tired, or eating.
    I was eating dinner during the freeroll fury.
    Anyways, I won or placed in the money in each of the five sng's that I played today.

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    I just finished the freeroll fury and I did pretty good.
    I finished 55th out of 820 which I think is the highest I have placed in this tournament.
    I think I had about ten big blinds or less for most of the second hour of the tournament.
    I did alright.
    I made it pretty deep into the tournament so I'm happy with that.
    I of course wanted to do better, but it didn't go that way.
    My current carbon bankroll is $25.58 with 162.3 vip points.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    ye PO freerolls are pretty sweet! Great way to build a roll from scratch!

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    I just finished playing the $250 gtd deep tournament on carbon.
    It cost $1.10 to buy in and I late registered for it.
    I finished in 67th just outside the money. I think the top 64 spots payed.
    When I registered I started with ten big blinds and by the time I got knocked out of the tournament I actually had more than ten big blinds.
    I was eliminated from the tournament a few spots out of the money and a couple of minutes after the rebuy period ended.
    What happened was I was in the small blind with about 14 or 15 big blinds and two people called. On of the callers was in late position with about 100 big blinds. I had ace queen suited so I raised all in.
    The opponent in late position called everyone else folded.
    The opponent had ace-five off suited and he caught a five on the river.
    I lost the hand.
    Preflop I considered raising but then that would put me in the ten big blind range and I would probably have to out maneuver the opponent in late position that had a huge stack postflop.
    I wish I would of paid more attention to my position in relation to how many people were left in the tournament and how close I was to the money.
    If I would of realized how close I was I would of probably just limped in hoping for a good flop.
    I was so close and I had about 14 big blinds.
    I think if I would of limped or folded then I would of made the money easily.

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    I just finished playing the $250 gtd deep tournament on carbon.
    I late registered again and I didn't make it into the money.
    It cost $1.1 to buy in and I also rebuy-ed once so it actually cost me $2.2.
    I didn't even get close to the money.
    Late register is still open for the tournament.
    The first time I busted out of the tournament I had a pair of jacks and I had about ten big blinds so I shoved all in and two or three people called and I got beat by the person holding king queen offsuite(this person also had a much bigger stack than I).
    The second time I had a pair of tens and I had about six or seven big blinds so I shoved.
    I got beat but I don't remember the details.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast