Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62935.35

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran
    Yea you cant let a bad beat judge the way you play, i would have done the same thing... sometimes it just doesnt work out for you!

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    I just finished playing five sng's over on carbon and I made a profit.
    To get a coupon for the fury freerolls on carbon you have to play five sng's in one day so that's why I play five sng's.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I just finished playing five sng's over on carbon and I made a profit.
    To get a coupon for the fury freerolls on carbon you have to play five sng's in one day so that's why I play five sng's.
    That's good to know. I just found out I had one when I showed up for the freeroll there today. (I don't play there much) If I place in the first one I'll try to earn some more.

PokerOwned Veteran
    i dont get why you dont think that a freeroll is not a freeroll? you dont need to purchase anything

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jczecho2 View Post
    i dont get why you dont think that a freeroll is not a freeroll? you dont need to purchase anything
    Its not really freeroll because you have to purchase a tournament coupon with your po points, I think I used the term points-roll at some point in a past entry.

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    I just played the freeroll fury over on carbon and I did not do very well.
    I finished 752 out of 954. I just wasn't on my game today I guess. My last hand I had a pair of sevens and I went all in. Two opponents called and one of them beat me.
    What got me into trouble earlier in the tournament were two different hands where I was in one of the blinds and I caught something that I thought was pretty good but I still got beat.

PokerOwned Pro
    I'd go all in any day of the week with pocket AA, if it gets cracked, so be it.

Joe
    PokerOwned Pro
    I just finished the freeroll fury over on carbon and I did better than last night.
    219 out of 910 and the top 151 get paid so I got pretty close to making it into the money.
    On my last hand I was at about five big blinds so I was in all in or fold mode for some time at this point. I had ace-nine suited in early position. One opponent calls and this opponent has a bigger stack than mine but I don't remember how much bigger. The opponent had a pair of jacks and he also caught a jack on the flop but I caught two of my suite, its the green suite on the carbon poker four color deck, but I lost. My opponent made a full house. I played a pretty good tournament this time around.
    I'm going to watch the rest of the redwings game now.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Nice play...unlucky on that last hand...Had similar story in yesterdays sit&go at PS caught straight from river but busted just before the bubble cause someone had full from flop...that was quite a slow-play from my opponents but sometimes you get unlucky...

Experienced Member
    I just read your thread for the first time... as far as beats like aces or kings all in preflop... yes, they are bad beats... yes you got your money in good. However, keep in mind that a single hand is but a battle and the tourney is a war. Aces and kings are just a pair, the five cards on the board can do a world of hurt on a pair. A pair is the second weakest hand. Now if you're short stacked and the blinds are significant, yes getting your chips all in is good. However, early in a tournament or with a decent stack size, getting all in on simply a pair is not the best idea preflop. Now this doesn't mean go to limping aces, just it's no sense risking your whole stack on a pair. Aces will get cracked by kings 19 times out of 100. etc. Get smaller chipups rather than double ups and stay alive in the tournament.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast