Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63583.08

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    dajemn 1,411 $0 $3 1% -$234
    dajemn 1,221 $0 $3 2% -$225 - 58 Merge SNG Only<------- start of this thread

played for like 6 hours today for a 2 dollar gain, sigh.
    Bankroll is still 11 though, played some mtt's, cashed in a fr plus the QQ.
    Still can't decide if I'm going to be able to profit from the superturbos, seem to be even right now, every time i go up, i have a losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by madjek View Post
    played for like 6 hours today for a 2 dollar gain, sigh.
    Bankroll is still 11 though, played some mtt's, cashed in a fr plus the QQ.
    Still can't decide if I'm going to be able to profit from the superturbos, seem to be even right now, every time i go up, i have a losing streak.
    Get ready for a novel...

$2 gain isn't necessarily a bad thing. At this very moment I'm profiting 6 cents per $1.06 Super-turbo I play. So at the profit rate it will take me 33 SnG's to profit $2. That's assuming in that course of 33 SnG's I win at the rate that I have had for the previous 5-- SnG's or so. I've noticed that you seem to only play 2 games at once, that being based on how often I see you at my tables and usually I have about 8 open and you're only there twice. Very scientific!!! With that said it will take you a while to play 33 SnG's and thus longer to earn money via winnings.

Superturbos offer a very slow profit rate. As you can tell by my rate. This is caused by the huge variance these games have, but don't let that discourage you. These games are very easily beaten. These games require other variables to if you want to profit. I'm profiting 6cents per tournament after rake. I get 10% rakeback and I trade my points in for cash, and I get end of month bonuses from carbon (apparently $5.25 is what you get for Fire VIP, so shitty but whatever). These bonuses and rakeback significantly increase my ROI. Rakeback alone boosts my profits up by about 2 cents per 3 games played. It doesn't seem like a lot but take into account I've been logging around 70 to 100 SnG's on days I don't work it adds up.

Let me ask you this question...You say you won $2, is that after rake? I'm assuming it is...if so once you consider the rakeback you'll receive (If you get rakeback via affiliate or unfortunately like I do through the VIP program) you'll be profiting even more. Keep reminding yourself that you are playing micro stakes so the wins are going to be smaller and the rakeback payments are going to be insultingly small! Since I started my challenge (which I'm not updating anymore), I've only earned about $4 or 5 in rakeback. That's with 500 SnG's played and a few other games thrown in. It's not a lot but trust me, it significantly raises your per game win rate which is what you should be concerned about.

Here's an anecdote to go along with that. When I first started playing super-turbo's I was playing on the Cake Network. I played with jhub3000, jarad hubbard, A LOT. I watched how he played and soon found out through a mutual friend that he was a pro. I read his blog and realized that he didn't care about winning in SnG's. He cared about breaking even in 6-mans because the profit in them is so low (as you can see by my 6 cents per game). He was more concerned about his rakeback and bonuses. I think the year was 2007 when I first played with him and talked to him a few times. I found out that in one year of playing on cake he earned more money in rakeback/bonuses then he did in earnings from his SnG's. I'm sure if I did a little research I could provide some numbers for you. Needless to say, if he can make a living off this strategy then any player can at least turn a profit off of it. Moral of this story is don't be overwhelmed by not earning a lot via the SnG's. Be more concerned that you have money coming in from other means such as rakeback or trading in VIP points.

That was a lot of rambling on...hopefully that all made sense!

This about the best post I've read on here in a long long time Mr. Lova. Just as a side note. If you can play on stars to make sne per year, that's 100k a year playing break even poker. Great post. Join us here w/ stats if you wish Mr. Lova.

SendMeCookies 735 -$0.27 $4 3% -$199 - 56 Merge SNG Only <--------- Starting Stats

SendMeCookies 745 -$0.27 $4 2% -$201 Super Tilt 54 Merge SNG Only

Here are my last 6 for the Super Tilt Title yesterday.

48386658 3-Feb-12 08:54 NL Holdem $2 4/10 -$1.70
    48386902 3-Feb-12 08:53 NL Holdem $2 9/10 -$2.20
    48374634 3-Feb-12 01:04 $0.50 8/10 -$0.60
    48375118 3-Feb-12 00:57 $0.50 5/10 -$0.60
    48372127 3-Feb-12 00:04 $0.50 9/10 -$0.60
    48372236 2-Feb-12 23:44 $0.50 6/10 -$0.60

BR 56.86 (another .28 in Rakeback added)
    You will notice my Stats show a loss of $2 but, BR is actually a positive number of $1.86. It should be due to rounding on sharkscope's part and not accounting for RB. Keep up the goood work all and neone is welcome to join us in our quest for the ever elusive Bankroll.

PS. For those you that do not have RB, PM me and there may be some deals and or ways around it. LMK -Cookies
    Last edited by SendCookies; 02-04-2012 at 10:16 AM.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Congratulations sucoutking10,

Out of 10 players in Tournament 10673186 ($2 NLH Double-up), you came in 1st and have won $4.00.

You've also been awarded 0.7 FPP for participating in the tournament.

Best wishes,
    The Cake Poker Team
    started takin some of the suggestions here and doin it across my sites heros done well 10 in a row yesterday also

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlova View Post
    Get ready for a novel...

$2 gain isn't necessarily a bad thing. At this very moment I'm profiting 6 cents per $1.06 Super-turbo I play. So at the profit rate it will take me 33 SnG's to profit $2. That's assuming in that course of 33 SnG's I win at the rate that I have had for the previous 5-- SnG's or so. I've noticed that you seem to only play 2 games at once, that being based on how often I see you at my tables and usually I have about 8 open and you're only there twice. Very scientific!!! With that said it will take you a while to play 33 SnG's and thus longer to earn money via winnings.

Superturbos offer a very slow profit rate. As you can tell by my rate. This is caused by the huge variance these games have, but don't let that discourage you. These games are very easily beaten. These games require other variables to if you want to profit. I'm profiting 6cents per tournament after rake. I get 10% rakeback and I trade my points in for cash, and I get end of month bonuses from carbon (apparently $5.25 is what you get for Fire VIP, so shitty but whatever). These bonuses and rakeback significantly increase my ROI. Rakeback alone boosts my profits up by about 2 cents per 3 games played. It doesn't seem like a lot but take into account I've been logging around 70 to 100 SnG's on days I don't work it adds up.

Let me ask you this question...You say you won $2, is that after rake? I'm assuming it is...if so once you consider the rakeback you'll receive (If you get rakeback via affiliate or unfortunately like I do through the VIP program) you'll be profiting even more. Keep reminding yourself that you are playing micro stakes so the wins are going to be smaller and the rakeback payments are going to be insultingly small! Since I started my challenge (which I'm not updating anymore), I've only earned about $4 or 5 in rakeback. That's with 500 SnG's played and a few other games thrown in. It's not a lot but trust me, it significantly raises your per game win rate which is what you should be concerned about.

Here's an anecdote to go along with that. When I first started playing super-turbo's I was playing on the Cake Network. I played with jhub3000, jarad hubbard, A LOT. I watched how he played and soon found out through a mutual friend that he was a pro. I read his blog and realized that he didn't care about winning in SnG's. He cared about breaking even in 6-mans because the profit in them is so low (as you can see by my 6 cents per game). He was more concerned about his rakeback and bonuses. I think the year was 2007 when I first played with him and talked to him a few times. I found out that in one year of playing on cake he earned more money in rakeback/bonuses then he did in earnings from his SnG's. I'm sure if I did a little research I could provide some numbers for you. Needless to say, if he can make a living off this strategy then any player can at least turn a profit off of it. Moral of this story is don't be overwhelmed by not earning a lot via the SnG's. Be more concerned that you have money coming in from other means such as rakeback or trading in VIP points.

That was a lot of rambling on...hopefully that all made sense!
    Awesome post. I agree with so much of this, especially how super turbos have a very slow profit rate. I think a big key to being successful in these are being able to go through big downswings. There is a lot of variance in these, and by having proper bankroll management, you can sustain the downswings.

OK forgot to update yesterday but, here it is.

SendMeCookies 735 -$0.27 $4 3% -$199 - 56 Merge SNG Only <--------- Starting Stats

SendMeCookies 749 -$0.27 $4 2% -$206 - 56 Merge SNG Only

BR $51.84 (.28 RakeBack been doing this amount alot the past few days lolz)

48454822 4-Feb-12 07:59 NL Holdem $2 8/10 -$2.20
    48454164 4-Feb-12 07:22 NL Holdem $2 6/10 -$2.20
    48452509 4-Feb-12 07:14 NL Holdem $2 2/10 $1.30
    48452830 4-Feb-12 07:10 NL Holdem $2 7/10 -$2.20

Banned
    well very nice i like all you are doing!!! Hope you win a ton!!!!!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    dajemn 1,411 $0 $3 1% -$234 <--------- Last post
    dajemn 1,436 $0 $3 0% -$244

The drop contiues, 10 more down in last 2 days. Got my money in ahead a lot during this period, just not holding up. Even lost 1 in first hand with AA. BR is dangerously low now, need an upswing today!!!

PokerOwned Master
    Yeah Good Luck for this !!!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    dajemn 1,451 $0 $3 1% -$227

Wanted to post this before another losing streak, lol. Just so you know i do win sometimes. Cashed in 10 of 15 this morning, with 6 1st's. Brought it all the way back to only down $2 overall playing sng's.

BR back up to 20.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast