Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61088.78

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    I know how to play ABC poker LorenzOwns. I've playing a rigid, "correct" strategy long enough that I can do it without much thought. There's nothing wrong with deviating from the standard as long as you know why you are doing it. There are so many variables in this game that you simply can't say, well you need to do this, or that, exactly the same way every time.

The reasoning behind my play was, stack size. With less than 10BB (shortstack) shoving is pretty much the best play because you need to increase fold equity as much as possible. With more than 20BB you can afford to take risks and be aggressive, especially pre flop, because you have a stack large enough to make plays and run over bad players.

The most AWKWARD, stack size in tournament poker is, the 15BB range, without antes. At this point, making a raise pre flop and taking it down pre doesn't net you a large pot relative to stack size, and if your continuation bet bluff gets called, you lose half of your stack and are left with, an absolutely crippled stack that is liable to be called liberally by any big stack. This situation, although not the most likely outcome, happens often enough that I wanted to avoid it if possible.

Note that I wouldn't have made the same play out of position. I would have raised it from middle position to get the ace rags to fold.
    Your hole cards are the least important factor in Texas hold'em.
    -MovingFlea

Experienced Member
    I enjoy these quite a bit, you should post more of you bad beats and include explanations for them. Even though i could get my fair share of these at 2+2 but perhaps it seems more personable since the chances I play with the people that are posting these hands are more than likely.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingFlea View Post
    I know how to play ABC poker LorenzOwns. I've playing a rigid, "correct" strategy long enough that I can do it without much thought. There's nothing wrong with deviating from the standard as long as you know why you are doing it. There are so many variables in this game that you simply can't say, well you need to do this, or that, exactly the same way every time.

The reasoning behind my play was, stack size. With less than 10BB (shortstack) shoving is pretty much the best play because you need to increase fold equity as much as possible. With more than 20BB you can afford to take risks and be aggressive, especially pre flop, because you have a stack large enough to make plays and run over bad players.

The most AWKWARD, stack size in tournament poker is, the 15BB range, without antes. At this point, making a raise pre flop and taking it down pre doesn't net you a large pot relative to stack size, and if your continuation bet bluff gets called, you lose half of your stack and are left with, an absolutely crippled stack that is liable to be called liberally by any big stack. This situation, although not the most likely outcome, happens often enough that I wanted to avoid it if possible.

Note that I wouldn't have made the same play out of position. I would have raised it from middle position to get the ace rags to fold.
    this is incorrect because since it's a turbo tourney u WANT to GII with KQo. literally 8 min lvls and u'll go from a 15bb stack to 10bb stack. idk what your reads were vs the SB/BB but if they are tight it's an easy open/cbet postflop and if they are sticky players that like to see the flop it's an easy shove.

limping is the 3rd worst play to do pre. yeah u only pick up blinds/no antes but it's a turbo tourney and u needa focus on the most optimal play that is likely to double u up and limping is not it for sure. btw flatting utg with k3s LP is not "abc" poker

Lol, Lorenzo, it doesn't matter if the blinds go up in 5 minutes or 100 minutes. The present situation is what should be focused on. Once the blinds go up and I have KQo and 10BB, then I'll shove.

Look man, maybe you should try to berate me on hands where I don't get my money in good. I was well on my way to winning a nice pot, and then, they suckout. Which was the point of this thread to begin with, not to optimize my play. Why would I listen to other peoples opinions when I have my own brain. It's fine that you want to give an opinion, but know when to shut up.
    -MovingFlea

PokerOwned Master
    Yes, I agree with MovingFlea, that is the true story. The only pity thing is, that you cannot beat the idiot donkey (mostly Russian) player, which called everything with any2 on any streets ... because of this I would prefer live game

Elite PokerOwned Member PimpGameNM's Avatar
    Merge is on that funny business sometimes. The whole RNG is really not good lollol

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingFlea View Post
    Lol, Lorenzo, it doesn't matter if the blinds go up in 5 minutes or 100 minutes. The present situation is what should be focused on. Once the blinds go up and I have KQo and 10BB, then I'll shove.

Look man, maybe you should try to berate me on hands where I don't get my money in good. I was well on my way to winning a nice pot, and then, they suckout. Which was the point of this thread to begin with, not to optimize my play. Why would I listen to other peoples opinions when I have my own brain. It's fine that you want to give an opinion, but know when to shut up.
    blinds go up in 10 secs and you have KQo. you still gonna limp? also, it's not just the hand itself you should be focusing on. you should also be focusing on if you're close to the money (which in this particular case you aren't). you should pay attention to when the blinds go up and to what level etc.

most of these hands wouldn't have happened if you played solid. I gave you my personal analysis because I wanted to help you but it seems to me you don't like criticism so i'll stop and you can do w/e you want tbh lol.

volume 1:
    ---------
    hand 2 you got your money in bad K3s<109o. also, you flatted a utg 3x open in CO with K3s

hand 4 you got your money in bad drawing to 7 outs

volume 2:
    ---------
    hand 1: you got your money in bad AQo<K9o

hand 2: villain played it well, you limped AQo utg

volume 3:
    ----------
    hand 1: played it bad/got your money in bad drawing dead

so to answer your question, you got your money in bad 5 times which is like ~40%(pure estimation) of the hands you posted in this thread.

last word of this post, u asked why you should listen to others when you have your own brain? well frankly you should listen to feedback because that's how you get better as a player. by not listening you are basically shutting out everyone's opinion which will hinder your progression. we all have brains, but it doesn't mean that just because we have a brain we'll be able to figure out how to play good poker ourselves.
    Last edited by lorenz0wns; 10-29-2013 at 08:09 AM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Made the call along with the SB. Pre flop raiser bets (how predictable). So I reraise knowing he doesn't have squat, I have a straight draw and two overs.

I am not going to read all of that "strategy". When I play a game, I don't get better by asking people what I did wrong, or by reviewing what I did. All of this information is already being stored in my subconscious, I will let my brain sort it out to figure out what I can do better in the future. Playing hands and getting more experience is a much faster way to get better, rather than looking on previous hands.

Low Stakes NLHE has so MANY variables, that nobody can say that it's a solved game. So for anyone to push their strategy on someone else is pointless and god forbid someone takes up on that advice. The best way to get better is to practice, period.

Loren0Wnz, is just being kind of annoying. He is trying to throw me off my game, which I have spent more than a year developing, and still developing. Go ahead and give me some advice and I will read, but don't throw the fucking book at me as if your the best shit that's ever happened in poker.
    -MovingFlea

lorenowns, Ship it to someone who cares enough to listen to your dribble. All those hands were coolers. You'd be amazed how hard it is to win at this game when all of the community cards help your opponents, even in situations when you have the dominated. When I bet, I was betting because they shouldn't have had me, mathematically speaking; or when I called, because I had a big enough of a stack to satisfy my curiosity.
    -MovingFlea

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast