Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64267.12

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    One good thing about using Merge for league games is you can have a custom avatar for your team. That way everyone knows who is with who.

I like the idea a lot. I think a way for misfits to get a team together would be nice. I.E. players A,B,C,D, and E want to play but don't know enough people to make a team ( or enough that want them on a team, lol). Maybe have a place to sign up if your one of the "misfits" looking for a team? I'm not sure. I have only played in 2 leagues and in both of those it was an individual effort. Kudos for yet another great idea Zab. Thank you again for all you and your team do for us.

Quote Originally Posted by NSS1995 View Post
    I would really like to have the poker league system at this site. I think you should host on Lock/Juicy ACR/BCP, carbon is really slowly on this deposit/withdraw and no P2P.
    I agree. Do all the games have to be NLH? JustSayn....................
    "Maybe Poker's Just Not Your Game"

Please Please Please have some different games besides NLH. JustSayn..................
    "Maybe Poker's Just Not Your Game"

Seasoned Veteran
    very nice idea !!! some differents games are good too i think

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by crypiter View Post
    I like the idea a lot. I think a way for misfits to get a team together would be nice. I.E. players A,B,C,D, and E want to play but don't know enough people to make a team ( or enough that want them on a team, lol). Maybe have a place to sign up if your one of the "misfits" looking for a team? I'm not sure. I have only played in 2 leagues and in both of those it was an individual effort. Kudos for yet another great idea Zab. Thank you again for all you and your team do for us.
    I would \ could setup a spot for 'free agents' those looking for a team. It would show their player rating all time and possibly the last month?
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

ofg
    PokerOwned Veteran
    This sounds awesome, I just hope I can get on some team...

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    So here's my thoughts so far after reading everyone's comments.

1) We'd make this a monthly promotion
    2) The captain has a to pay an extra fee to create a team (He wins a little more of the prize pool)
    3) If you want to join a team, you need to pay "league fees" every month to contribute towards the prize pool
    4) If you are drafted to a team and accept in mid season, you to pay a fee
    5) There is a captain of the team, he's responsible for recruiting players for his team
    6) The captain can fire dead beats who dont play
    7) The team members can mutiny against the captain if he stops playing (Needs maybe 3?)
    8) We will have league standings
    9) There should be a maximum number of players per team
    10) The last week of the month will be the monthly 'play offs'

Some initial thoughts I had:

Yea the teams can be unbalanced: Suck it up! Learn how to play poker and beat them!!!
    Could we possibly combine this idea with the Call of Duty game I was working on? Would that be fun or just straight forward league play?

Straight forward league play without the COD definitely. Also, will this not allow for individual leaderboards?

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    This is just a monthly speedway then?
    I think longer than a month would be cool also

Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    I may be alone in it but i think a league would be better if it was more do or die. Using 4 games each day you could finish last in 3 and win 1 and make a big impact. Whereas if you extended the time it is run over and have like 1 meaningful game a week it really puts the emphasis on having to perform in that tourney.

Using a sports analogy you have leagues like the MLB, NHL and NBA where individual wins/losses arent that important because of the length of the season, whereas the NFL with a 16 game season every game is important and means alot. I just think a league would be held in higher regard and more anticipated if it was ran in a way where every tourney was really important towards the final standings meaning it would be less tournies.
    Prawney I completely agree with your idea and think it would bring more competition.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast