Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64002.83

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: math

math

is poker really about knowing the math or would u guys say it is much more more about luck

knowing your numbers in math is the way to go so u can apply it towards the tables

i in imo of course

most people will come to this thread saying "i think its 60% math, 40% luck", "i think its 30% luck, 70% math" or "i think its 80% skill, 20% luck" or "for me it looks more like 50% luck, 50% skill"...well........whatever.........i use to think this way: once you TOTALLY depend on cards you get and also you CANT control the cards you will be dealt..for me it looks more like 100% luck......

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

PokerOwned Master
    frankly I don't think math is involved in online poker,except winning or losing

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    Seeing how you said poker I am going to take tat as both live and online. If you ever want to play at a high level, math does come into play.

16:24 <PooffyFooffy> sorry jayy

18:07 <gimmeabrew> @jayyy27: sorry

PokerOwned God
    If it's a freeroll, I'd say luck early on, math skill in the later stages. If it's a big buy in tournament, people will play better with a deeper stack.

Seasoned Veteran
    anyone who has played poker long enough would say it's a matter of luck. and of course strategy is very important. you must know how to play with each deal. a bluff can sometimes win.

Seasoned Veteran
    Take a look at a straight flush draw with 15 outs.

Bluffs have to do with timing and board texture.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Knowing both the pot odds and how the players are if tight or aggressive and how they play certain hands.

PokerOwned Veteran
    There are several things you have to take into account when calling, your stack size and implied odds are among the important ones.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast