Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63008.71

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: math

PokerOwned Demi-God
    If you dont know anything about odds and just play with your instincts, you wont be a great player especially online. Its way more important online than live because you dont have a lot of tells to work with. Math more important than luck although luck is what you really want.

wow this is unnecessary we are all in this together
    When I set out to get rich;
    I failed miserably.
    When I set out to help people;
    They made me rich!

PokerOwned Veteran
    If you read a book or article from winning players that really know the math of poker and they explain mathematically what influenced their decision you will probably be amazed. To them it isn't just outs and pot odds. They are getting an idea on the range of hands the opponent plays, the percentage chance they believe the opponent is bluffing, the percentage chance that they are ahead and then the percentage chance the opponent will lay down to their raise. Then they are computing the optimal amount of money that will induce that lay down. They are adding up the chance the opponent folds to a raise to the value of their hand vs opponents range to see if they are getting positive EV. They are also mathematically figuring out what they believe will be the best way to get value out of that hand.

As a lifelong TAG player bordering on nit, when I read Gus's book it blew my mind away. When I saw all the math behind his madness it opened my eyes. It also showed me how much I suck at poker.
    Last edited by deedbr; 06-26-2013 at 02:34 PM.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Yes, If you count the number of outs you have.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Math is important.
    you have to know your odds.

But sometimes you need some luck.

If you play very tight you can become a BadBeat against.
    or the bad luck takes a part.

All the above sounds correct to me !
    I failed miserably.
    They made me rich!

i think in poker 30% skill, strategy, math and 70% luck... you can count outs, but if you have luck than that card wht you need come...

PokerOwned Veteran
    If you are just talking about a tournament that you are playing, the result will be mostly luck. If you're talking about the long run, say in a year, then luck has very little to do with it and skill plays a larger role.

dude... I play in pokerstars and not the biggest tournoments... there allways are some noob, who call pre-flop with bad cards and win pot....

http://www.bildites.lv/images/n6pieoba9t4l2ukzsv.png

just watch in link...
    i have rolay draw, stright flush draw. stright draw open-endded... i have 19 outs. need just to JJ or QQ and i win on turn and river...
    i have 53% win if he have AK after flop... i be agresive in pre-flop. raise in flop and on turn... just... sometimes thats not skill... it's luck...

he said later his cards...

wish usa could play poker stars i miss stars the most
    I failed miserably.
    They made me rich!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast