Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64933.4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

What to do when on a bad run

I was on a pretty good run for a while but now im card dead and to make matters worse my good feeling is gone and its almost like im expecting to get dealt nothing or to lose when I do get something.

Normally I would just play through it and eventually it will turn, and also theres the law of independent trials, next time I pick up some cards it should be like theres a clean slate.

But theres this nagging feeling, like a little voice, saying the bad streak will continue and I should stop playing for a little while until the feeling goes away, that way I can skip over the bad cards. Does that make sense.

PokerOwned Pro
    usually when you start losing, its due to playing for a good amount of time and you start playing in a pattern that makes sense to you. your mind will tell you to play this hand this way because it has seen it before...and you will tend to start playing more lose rather than play how you did at when you first started out the day . also when you start seeing bad results, the mind isn't playing to make money anymore its playing to make money back and i think thats where alot of people go wrong, including myself. all you can do now is take the lost, and come back when your ready to try again. best of luck

It does make sense. I agree with zayoo, on pretty much everything. Sometimes you have to just take a step back, change your mind set, and come back to it later.

PokerOwned Pro
    matter of fact, im about to go bike riding just to get away from losing and feeling crappy.. but if you feel like you cant get away from it.. and want to get revenge on tilting, a buddy of mine once told me to go donk play chips . i dont recommend doing that, but its free and it helps get him to relieve his problem.. having something to do outside of playing is always important.

PokerOwned Veteran
    when im on a bad run i normally bet a mlb game and lose it all kinda like what im gonna do tonight.

PokerOwned Veteran
    ya quit,unless you're talking tournaments a bad run probably means you aren't in it anymore,cash game I would just quit unless you still have a little bit of you're original buy in then just shove as much as possible when you got decent hands and try to get back to where you were I never buy in again unless I shoved early into my game and I got sucked out or lost a flip

Banned
    what you do when you go on a bad runb is go out and drink beer... and hope tro get back on a good streak..

Experienced Member
    I try my best to just be paitent. Depending on my mood.

PokerOwned God
    If your mindset has an issue, it's best to just take a break. Play a video game or listen to music.

PokerOwned Veteran
    when i have a bad run, i slow down walk for about 2 laps and then run again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast