Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64320.78

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar

I need to play higher stakes

I'm trying to build a bankroll with my PO winnings, but these micro buy ins are absolutely plagued with super donks. I don't have to worry about getting any action with my big hands, but they don't mean much when no one will fold. I just got knocked out of a tourney where 3 people at my table where actually trying to out donk each other going all in(trying to beat each other with the worst hand). That combined with the one, two, and three outers that I see hit constantly, playing on carbon, I don't see how I could possibly win a tourney unless I'm playing in a field where people value their chips ie. higher stakes.

LLB King
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuitofPlay View Post
    I'm trying to build a bankroll with my PO winnings, but these micro buy ins are absolutely plagued with super donks. I don't have to worry about getting any action with my big hands, but they don't mean much when no one will fold. I just got knocked out of a tourney where 3 people at my table where actually trying to out donk each other going all in(trying to beat each other with the worst hand). That combined with the one, two, and three outers that I see hit constantly, playing on carbon, I don't see how I could possibly win a tourney unless I'm playing in a field where people value their chips ie. higher stakes.
    Micro MTTs can be tough since there is so much luck, but if you can chip up and just play real tight they are pretty easy money.

gl i agree to a point, however there is plenty donking at higher levels too, you can do it, making it to the 1st break is the tuffest imo
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

PokerOwned Pro
    If you can't beat the micro donks, the high-stakes donks are going to send you over the edge. A donk is a donk is a donk. Being able to identify and exploit them, at any level, is the key.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    building a bankroll from scratch is what pokerowned is about!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I love pokerowned! more people should be a part of this site!

I think the 1 to 3 dollar mtts deepstack and the 1 dollar rebuy w addon tournys are a perfect place to take down a nice profit to be able to be able to move up to @ least the 5.00 buy ins. If u can grind your way to a couple final tables at the 5 dollar buy ins the 11.00 buy ins fields are smaller with bigger payouts and its much easier then for you to see a good increase in you br. Grinding satellites and just being patient and calling when you feel your ahead and folding big hands when your beat you just might find yourself at the ft of a big guarentee. Then its a plane ticket to vegas and your all in......

PokerOwned God
    I get what you mean, that's why it's best in my opinion to hit some mtts. Early on the play can be donkish, but as the money nears, you will notice people playing better.

Honestly if you can't beat donks that don't know how to play, then I don't think you'll have much long term success at higher levels.

PokerOwned Veteran
    not really true.. a buddy of mine crushes $15-30 sngs and gets crushed at $5s.... its just adusting to your opponents.. and finding out how to exploit them..ex: of course $5 games r gonna have guys calling u down w 3rd best hand, so bluffing wont work a lot... in $30s regs r gonna either fold or jam w 11bb... so u can exploit that .. and so on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast