Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64037.88

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

$1 million One Drop poker tournament.

So I am excited to see the upcoming WSOP on tv this summer. I am especially excited to see the the $1 million tournament. Has anybody here been following the talk leading up to the event? I think it will honestly be the most entertaining televised poker game ever produced. I would like to hear what you guys think. It will be so dynamic, because 70 percent of the field will be the best of the best in the world. Also it will have just enough recreational players to make it +ev for the pros. In addition it will also add another element with pros trying to isolate the weak recreational players, and other pros picking up on light iso raises. It should be epic. And not epic like that flop of a show Epic Poker League.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Will be fun to watch.. but none of these guys are buying in 100%. All of these guys have sold atleast 80-90% of action and have sponsors backing them into it. Basically this is for charity and show. These big name players are def making money just off of advertisements by playing but this would be completely different if each players was putting up the million. None of these guys are there only in it for 100-200k and I would be shocked if its even that much. All of these guys have sponsor deals and are getting backed into this. Will still be fun to watch but I guarantee that there will be some pretty horrible play that you would never see if these guys are putting up the one million.

The events start tomorrow with the employess.

Seasoned Veteren
    I've read something about that tourney...
    I think it's going to be great and 111,111$ of the buy-in will be to help a ong

No I think you are mostly correct about the backing. However, guys like Dwan, Ivey, and even the amateurs like the founder of Cirque du Soleil will definitely be buying in with their own money. Even guys like Justin Smith may even buy in for most if not all with their own money.

PokerOwned Pro
    Sounds like something I might want to watch. Where will it be on tv?

It is actually going to be televised in large part by ESPN. I think in June. It will be so sick. It is going to be capped to 48 people. If it gets 48 people, and it looks as though it will, it will pay over 11 million for first. That would make it the highest first place prize ever in tournament poker history.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    No I think you are mostly correct about the backing. However, guys like Dwan, Ivey, and even the amateurs like the founder of Cirque du Soleil will definitely be buying in with their own money. Even guys like Justin Smith may even buy in for most if not all with their own money.
    Dwan, Ivey and amateurs and even business owners playing in it are not paying the full 1 million buy in. I guarantee dwan and ivey have sponsors and sold action around the MTT poker community. And why the hell would amateurs be sticking a million dollars without selling action when pros are playing for 10%... that would absolutely be the dumb and a waste of 1 million dollars.

Now big time business players are probably putting in close to the million but use some logic and think what they get out of doing this. They receive a HUGE tax write off, they are donating money to charity, plus they get free advertisement throughout vegas, the wsj, and poker communities across the world.

At my current winning projections, I should be available for this tourney in the Year 2089. All I have to do is live this long I can see the Headline Now: Oldest living man Wins $1 million buy in and dies of a heart attack while holding the winning hand of 4h 5h! That would be the way of going out on top!...LOL

MP, I know you are wrong. Why would Dwan and Ivey sell action when they both have 50 mill plus? Also, who in the world would stake these amateurs for a 10k buy-in, let alone a million? The amateurs are billionaires. That's 1k million if u didn't know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast