Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70626.36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Upgrade discussion for vB geeks and haxxors (Disclaimer: Tech talk ahead)

Ok so I have been hearing of and discussing several different upgrade ideas from members in chat and a lot of the time these are REALLY simple ideas that take two seconds to implement with no repercussions to how the site works or functions and would only benefit the members using the site in an enjoyable, maybe superficial sometimes, or useful way. So I thought I would make a thread where I can gather these ideas in one place where I can remember them and also discuss the technical aspects of them (are they possible/feasible, would they unreasonably effect the speed or function of the site, if vBulletin can handle the modification, etc.)

A couple of notes here:
    1. This is NOT a request thread!! If you want to make an official request, go here: Submit Upgrade Ideas I will do the same should I want to officially make a request. You can however post questions about the possibility of an idea, and I'll look into it, that way when its time you can officially request the idea with understanding of how it would work.

2. While I know how to modify vB inside and out I am not a mod/admin, I do not have the capability to go ahead with any of these ideas, and the amount of access it would require to do most of these would be insane to think any site admin in their right mind would grant a random member on their site (these mostly are file changes that require uploading on the server via FTP, coding thru the Admin control panel, or directly modifying a mySQL database). Therefore, do not expect anything in this thread to happen without an official request, and Zab would need to decide how he wanted to put into the site. Some things I know how to do he may or may not know how, and it would be up to him how to proceed, as I wont be able to do these.

Another warning, I might get VERY technical in some of these, as this is also notes to myself, so if you wanna avoid geek/tech talk, stay away lol

Reserved for initial ideas

OK I kinda wanna nip this in the bud right now...

He has a full time developer who cranks out upgrades in record time and gets about as close to bug free as I've ever seen. He also has a few people that are long term members of the site (myself included) who have a development/database background and have helped him shape ideas.

We appreciate your enthusiasm - but you've been here for a few days, and all of these ideas on what zab should do and how to do it is coming off a little strong. Also, this is the third time tonight you've indirectly said that if you had access you can do these things, which again, for being new, is very strange.

We have threads for upgrade ideas and we want the community to contribute if the idea (at a high level) is good for the players AND for the site itself. Feel free to update those with your ideas.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

responded in chat, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    OK I kinda wanna nip this in the bud right now...

He has a full time developer who cranks out upgrades in record time and gets about as close to bug free as I've ever seen. He also has a few people that are long term members of the site (myself included) who have a development/database background and have helped him shape ideas.

We appreciate your enthusiasm - but you've been here for a few days, and all of these ideas on what zab should do and how to do it is coming off a little strong. Also, this is the third time tonight you've indirectly said that if you had access you can do these things, which again, for being new, is very strange.

We have threads for upgrade ideas and we want the community to contribute if the idea (at a high level) is good for the players AND for the site itself. Feel free to update those with your ideas.
    at least theres still one person with some common sense, amd sees this guy as a lil...much
    i dont believe he is a new member, if i had to make an educated gues id say it was whore trying a different tactic and if it is whore imagine what would happen if he did get that level of acces *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by s810car View Post
    pretty sure u created the thread to discuss shit in here :| why then would u go to chat to respond kinda defeats the point
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

lol expected that, and i responded to riv, but ty for your 2 cents, worth about the same going rate as 2 cents on Lock

Enough..
    Last edited by Zab; 12-15-2013 at 09:36 AM.

PokerOwned Demi-God DocHo11idaze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    at least theres still one person with some common sense, amd sees this guy as a lil...much
    i dont believe he is a new member, if i had to make an educated gues id say it was whore trying a different tactic and if it is whore imagine what would happen if he did get that level of acces *shudders*

pretty sure u created the thread to discuss shit in here :| why then would u go to chat to respond kinda defeats the point
    This
    Turtleboooy: lol when i come on i think f*** that Doc guy but i dont know why...haha

lol expected that, and i responded to riv, but ty for your 2 cents, worth about the same going rate as 2 cents on Lock
    well if ud of responded in the thread i probs wouldnt of needed to say anything, uno because ud of sorted it out
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    well if ud of responded in the thread i probs wouldnt of needed to say anything, uno because ud of sorted it out

Responded to whom it mattered, but if you must whine I already told him he could lock it, all you need to know from that convo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast