Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63486.98

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lieutenant Commander TopJimmy99's Avatar

My Little Music Thread

I'm starting this thread because I don't see many, or any, threads about music. So first of all this thread is for people who enjoy the same music that I do, so we can open the door to similar bands, songs, or albums.

Please don't post any nonsense in here just for the sake of posting or getting points, because I'll have a happy trigger finger for deletes in here. I'm serious about trying to find more bands to listen to as well as promoting bands I play heavily.

I almost solely listen to Rock music and that's how this thread will directed. I don't mean sissy modern or progressive rock, I'm talking about true rock music. Rock back from the 70's like Deep Purple, Rainbow, Rolling Stones, and The Who all the way to the present (though more likely 90's). I mostly listen to guitar-driven metal music, and I don't mean the super fast growling and screeching bullshit, I'm talking about bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden and Dokken. I like a lot of the 80's era music, I think that decade consistently produced most of the music I like (although there is PLENTY outside of the 80's I listen to, I think that holds the majority).

Some of my favorite bands or musicians are:
    Iron Maiden, Metallica, Dokken, Ritchie Blackmore (Deep Purple/Rainbow), Helloween, Pink Cream 69, Tesla, ZZ Top, WASP, Ted Nugent, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Bad Company, Alice Cooper, and AC/DC. Somewhat of a diverse list, but there are plenty more - this is just to get the thread off to a start. I'm not expecting many (if any) people to respond, but if you like any of these bands or think I left any off feel free to post. You can suggest bands to me or ask for similar bands, I'm just trying to find more music to listen to.

Again, I'm going to be delete heavy on this thread so please don't chime in and tell me how much you like rap music or some other crap, because I'm not really interested. Also, if you don't bother posting if you want to add a band like matchbox 20 or the barenaked ladies, I'll respectfully as that you take your suggestions somewhere else. I respect your right to listen to any music you want, and I'm not saying its bad, just that it's not for this thread.
    Last edited by TopJimmy99; 02-23-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Pretty cool song I've been listening to the past few days, I don't like the few seconds before the chorus though

Private
    twisted sister is a great band
    up the heavy metal
    XD

Quote Originally Posted by totalmu View Post
    twisted sister is a great band
    up the heavy metal
    XD
    Suggest some other bands then man, I'm trying to find more stuff to listen to.

One of my favorite Helloween songs. Video's pretty funny too - in a very cheesy way.

Won't let it play embedded, so to save space here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8U8gjFx9Vk
    Last edited by TopJimmy99; 02-23-2011 at 11:38 PM.

This is a REALLY corny video that looks like a bunch of high school kids made haha. An awesome song from Maiden though - my favorite band.

Oh god, one of my Favorite Maiden songs. Off Fear Of The Dark - Definitely my favorite Maiden album.

Last edited by TopJimmy99; 02-28-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Awesome song from a little band I like to call Axel Rudi Pell. Great chord progression, melody, and chorus.

This one has a hell of a cool verse.

Awesome guitar work from Lynch and perfect vocals from Don

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast