Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62417.94

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran
    anybody who would fold AA or KK shouldnt even be playing. Why would you ever fold AA you have to play it and just gamble

PokerOwned God
    It's always best to not risk so much very early. Tournaments aren't won in the first few levels after all.

Elite PokerOwned Member Bastian2607's Avatar
    QQ and JJ ... easy Fold Pre when allin.....

PokerOwned Demi-God
    there seems to be some information missing in this preflop fold of pocket qq. how much did he bet preflop?

PokerOwned Veteran
    Replay of the hand is in the link in the original post.
    Blinds were 20/40, my stack was 3385. I was UTG+3, UTG limped, UTG+2 raised to 120, I called. Small blind went all-in for 2450, original raiser folded, I folded my QQ.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
    anybody who would fold AA or KK shouldnt even be playing. Why would you ever fold AA you have to play it and just gamble
    There are plenty of situations where you should fold KK preflop and a few where you can justify folding AA. If you're playing a 9-seat S&G with top three paid. You're on the bubble (blinds are 100/200), and you have the second largest stack with 6000 chips, chip leader has 6200 chips and the two other players have 600 and 700 chips respectively. The chip leader has gone all-in UTG and both short stacks have folded. You're in the BB with KK. In this case you should fold, as it's extremely likely that one of the short stacks will go out within the next few hands.

It doesn't matter what you think you're opponent has. It's all about chip management and laddering up at that stage. Incidentally, when I first read about this bubble play theory, I found myself in the very same situation in the next S&G I played. Chip leader had me just about covered, and pushed with AQ, I was in SB and called with KK. First card out was an ace and I didn't hit either of my kings.

I can understand making a very tight pre-fold of JJ, QQ, or even KK. But not AA! I don't care how many shoves there are, that's the best hand. If I suck out, I suck out. But the alternative is having a very nice lead early on.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i've folded kings preflop once and it was the wrong decision, dude 4bet jammed me with queens, got called by AKo and i would have held up...i've made the wrong call with KK since then, but after that wrong fold i cant bring myself to do it...and aces forget about it im rareeeeely folding them preflop, that is strictly situational (like if we're H2H before the bubble and enough ppl are allin to burst the bubble, i might fold then unless i've got a good stack)...it's hard to argue for folding aces pre, there's just way too many hands that will get it in worse than aces pre

Sometimes it is very beneficial to fold QQ preflop. I have done it in live games more than online though lol.

PokerOwned God
    Yeah, sometimes you just get a gut feeling and know you are better off folding. I've actually laid down KK before, I just "knew" the other player had AA.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast