Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $59104.19

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran
    I played in a live tournament last night, 3000 starting stack, blinds 25/50. First hand, I was in BB holding JJ, a couple of limpers, SB (who will raise with and high ace and pocket pair) raised to 250, I reraised to 800, folded around to SB, who shoved instantly.
    After muttering to myself for a few seconds, I folded my JJ face up and SB showed AA.
    Very next hand I had A7 or A8 in the small blind. A couple of limpers, including the button, so I limped as well. Hit top pair on the flop, so I bet out. folded around to button who called. Bet again on the turn and button called again. Check-check on the river and button flips over 78, so I managed to recouperate more than my loss on the first hand.

Banned
    If you fold AA pre flop you need to not play poker, you have the best han so far, thats like saying you flop the high straight and best possible hand so far and folding because you think the board will pair up an they will get a boat. lmao

Seasoned Veteran
    It sucks when you fold great hand and find out you made wrong lay down lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    Omg man i would never fold in this situation,you had to call maaan

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by charlymorton View Post
    Replay of the hand is in the link in the original post.
    Blinds were 20/40, my stack was 3385. I was UTG+3, UTG limped, UTG+2 raised to 120, I called. Small blind went all-in for 2450, original raiser folded, I folded my QQ.
    reraise PF to about 350 or so IMO.

I dont think twice to fold AA KK when im not in mood of getting donked by J2 os..........

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Quote Originally Posted by LCDaBoss View Post
    If you fold AA pre flop you need to not play poker, you have the best han so far, thats like saying you flop the high straight and best possible hand so far and folding because you think the board will pair up an they will get a boat. lmao
    Yes, but a pre-flop call its always a big risk, so, if you dont want to risk all ur chips on 1 single hand without seeing at least the flop cards, u have the right to do so........

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

I am totally with you guys. Me too. Survival comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by LCDaBoss View Post
    It's more complicated than that. Survival comes before chip accumulation when stacks are still deep stacked like that.

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    That was a hard but good fold. but your passing up on good EV sometimes when you muck QQ there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast