Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64045.23

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    We have another issue I thought of as well, and I'm not sure how to police this:

What if I'm playing Prawney, but I haven't signed up yet (I'm taking a wait and see approach). He gets eliminated before late registration ends...so I decide to sign in and automatically advance to the next round. Doesn't exactly seem fair.

Is there a way that the players in each matchup can consent to a tournament for their heads up battle? An opt-in type of mechanism? This might be the way to solve all of the problems.

Zab
    No way to stop that except don't suck in the first 10 minutes of a tournament during late registration. We had this issue with LLBs.

The only way to prevent this is to use the entire day's player rating system.. How you do throughout the whole day
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

I'm very against player rating as a deciding factor. As a tiebreaker, fine. But this shouldn't be what decides a winner ahead of heads-up, because every other promotion on this site (except b2b) that is competitive is based on aggregate results (speedway, leaderboard, player rating, etc.). That's what makes this so fun; that anyone has a legit shot to make a run in this.

PokerOwned God
    which tourneys would count for this promo ?

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by MIGO14 View Post
    which tourneys would count for this promo ?
    Carbon for sure..

Debating on Lock & Juicy

BCP probably not because the results come in the next day..
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Carbon for sure..

Debating on Lock & Juicy

BCP probably not because the results come in the next day..
    That is definitely good enough, I would be happy if it was just on Carbon, but it would be even better to get games running or 2 or 3 skins (all three as you mentioned). I am excited to get involved and look forward to enjoying the competition. I think we are in for an awesome time Thanks Zab!
    Last edited by NateVest; 07-14-2013 at 11:31 AM.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Just need to make sure:
    a) There's enough incentive for more people to sign up so they don't feel like they have to play 3 or 4 tournaments a day;
    b) There's no disincentive to play later just because you finish high in the first game.

Like others have mentioned, I also don't like the idea of player ratings determining the winner of each round. I don't even know if I like player ratings being the first tie breaker because the best players will already have a big advantage with the player ratings determining the seeding. I like player ratings determining the seeding, but maybe have the first tie breaker be whoever finished highest in the day. Also, if betting starts Monday, what is the cutoff for registering?

Zab
    Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    Like others have mentioned, I also don't like the idea of player ratings determining the winner of each round. I don't even know if I like player ratings being the first tie breaker because the best players will already have a big advantage with the player ratings determining the seeding. I like player ratings determining the seeding, but maybe have the first tie breaker be whoever finished highest in the day. Also, if betting starts Monday, what is the cutoff for registering?
    Higher in the day is what player ratings does..

Think about it. If you finish #3 in a tournament with 30 players (lock) vs me who finishes #4 in a Carbon tournament with 80 players.

Who should advance? I should.. Bigger \ Harder field.. That's EXACTLY what the rating system is for

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Higher in the day is what player ratings does..

Think about it. If you finish #3 in a tournament with 30 players (lock) vs me who finishes #4 in a Carbon tournament with 80 players.

Who should advance? I should.. Bigger \ Harder field.. That's EXACTLY what the rating system is for
    Agree 100%

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast