Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61944.4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some good tips

Private

Some good tips

on playin online poker and what are some of the good sites that you have played on and what kind of tables are good to play at.. cause I have played a couple real money games and havent done so good so i would just like a couple tips please thank you all

Corporal
    Hi joshchapman2.
    The first thing i would do is to find a site i like and play the free money games to start with
    If even for half an hour or so as this way you will get the feel of the site and how to use features such as chat tourney progress etc.you cannot really go wrong with any of the major sites but i would recommend Full Tilt to start with.
    DO NOT jump straight in and start playing ring cash games.This is the easiest way to lose your bankroll.
    Play small stake Sit n gos first single table s.If you can master the sit n go tables then play some ring games.
    For instance if you deposit $20 this would give you enough to play 16 games and if you win 1 in 4 you will make profit.
    Again it all depends on the reason that you play poker.
    Is it for fun or profit or both.What duration will you play for 5/6 hours a night or once a week.
    The most important thing for me is that i enjoy it when i play poker.
    Find a site and game format that you enjoy playing and also find a good forum and stick with them.
    You can get a lot of invaluable help from a good forum.

very good info i wish someone would have told me that when i first started,i lost a samll roll within hours...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Sergeant
    Thanks I need all the tips I can get.

PokerOwned Veteran
    yea to start out i play all the freerolls to get use to the site.also while doing that research to fine all the best games to to play to build a bankroll.

Zab
    If you are beating a level, stay at that level. One of the worse things you can do is think because you are beating .50/1.00 that you will crush 1/2.. That is the downfall of many poker players.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

PokerOwned Veteran
    I would stick to small sit-n-go's and small buy-in tournaments till you build up a bankroll. Then slowly move up in stakes.

Banned
    I believe you should play what you feel comfortable playing at any given time. If you are trying a new site then of course proceed with caution until you have played enough hands to get a feel of how the statistics are as well as how your opponents play. You will always have the "IF" factor when playing online, what if they have this and what if they have that, usually the person that bets from the get has no choice but to make a followup bet if nobody else does but any checks is a sign of weakness so pay attention to how the bets are being made it will help most of the time.....

Private
    good info HEBRIDIAN.
    I don't play poker for a long time,and i hope this will help me.
    Thank you !

Private
    ooh, thanks for the tips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast