Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rivdee Tips for never having "deals gone wrong"

As the site has grown and we have better measures to protect our users from getting robbed on a deal, i still see problems on a daily basis with simple deals going south quickly. So here are some tips for new and old members alike to use to make sure they complete easy and fair transactions - some of this is obvious, some of this is advanced kung fu shit.

Note: If you are trading pts for money, never release until you receive your funds. PO has set it up that you CANNOT get screwed over if you follow the system

1) Background check is your friend: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/bgcheck.php
    If someone has a bad loan history, 17 screennames, or very little activity on their account compared to their signup date, instant red flag. Yes, we have loan insurance, but why wait days or weeks to get your pts when you can just avert disaster immediately

2) Search the forum for the person's username you're trading with
    The forum has a lot of documented scams in it - take a look and see if you can find anything on the person matching up to either an old account or deals gone wrong.

3) Ask old members
    While the forum has a LOT of scams listed, some have slipped through the cracks. If you aren't sure about a member, ask a mod or an old member here if they have any information - you'd be surprised how helpful they are.

4) Check out tournament history in a user's profile
    This isn't foolproof, but this is an indicator of sketchy behavior; most of the people on here came to this site to build a bankroll through the freerolls. If you see someone that's been on a long time but has played virtually no events, it should raise a red flag with you. Again, this isn't 100% as we have a lot of people here who only focus on staking, but they are veteran members.

5) Stick with the same vendors
    I personally buy BCP from 2-3 people tops, and if they are all out, I get it from Zab/Dalsue (Dal paid me to plug his store). If you find someone that always does good deals/loans, stick with em and build up trust - goes a long way here.

6) Actually read the feedback
    I wont mention names, but i saw someone who had 10 positive feedbacks and they were all from another account of theirs. Take a look at the feedback and make sure it's authentic.

7) Use off-site trading http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/offsitetrading.php
    This is one of the newest features here, but if you are trading paypal/amazon/bits of string/carpentry supplies, its a great way to have everything documented. Zab has made it a point to say he is hesitant to help people who do not use this, but if you DO use it he will do everything in his power to make sure you're refunded on a bad deal and the guilty party is flogged.

Follow these tips and you can't go wrong. Welcome.
    Last edited by rivdee; 03-30-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

good points rivdee well said
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Seasoned Veteran
    Thanks for the advice this will help out a lot of people including myself

dont be so helpful, dick

crp62885 shows (Ks,As)
    turtleboooyjr1 shows (Jc,Tc)
    crp62885 wins 2181 from pot 1 with Flush Ace High
    turtleboooyjr1 was knocked out

And the World was right again.

PokerOwned God
    the best advice of all never deal you will never have problems.lol..thats a hard one though

A much needed thread
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

These are good tips to avoid getting scammed. Thanks Rivdee for making this thread

All good points, and if people use them ALL they should never have an issue.

JABRONI knows what hes doing helped me out a good bit since I joined thanks for this thread. Daytikderjirbbbbb
    " A dog with no bite never gets the stake. " B.Little

Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post

6) Actually read the feedback
    I wont mention names, but i saw someone who had 10 positive feedbacks and they were all from another account of theirs. Take a look at the feedback and make sure it's authentic.
    damn, ya caught me.... and here I thought it was the perfect crime.

but seriously, this is all some good solid advice
    Last edited by MichMan; 03-30-2014 at 01:34 PM.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast