Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61328.88

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran
    Plenty of people stake from what I've noticed. Couple of my friends back in NY do it all the time actually.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jcolee2 View Post
    stupid to stake.. if they can't afford to buy in that is for a reason...........
    Some of the best poker pros of all time won by someone staking them.

See: Scotty Nguyen, Stu Ungar

I just didn't understand how it worked and safe ways of doing it online.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Well, i reckon that pretty much sums it all up.

How come nobody ever stake me, of all the time ive been here not one penny. i gave out over 50 bucks.

This is getting old. Were sick and tired of the Spurs owning us. This is the year we ride up to the challenge, Get the monkey off our back! We Believe GO Dubbssss!!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckU408 View Post
    How come nobody ever stake me, of all the time ive been here not one penny. i gave out over 50 bucks.
    There can be many reasons:
    1. obscurity: if people don't know you, they can't stake you. Get involved, and you'll be noticed, esp if any good

2. attitude: remember especially on a social site your actions are always watched. now thread/post blowups is an obvious nono, but for instance just today someone complained about a players hostility towards them IN THE POKER ROOM during the freeroll. Always be professional.

3. don't assume helping or staking others out gets you an easy way to be staked. For one, most true professionals only stake OR play, not both. If they do both, one of the activities is definitely casual (professional stakers play casually, and pro players will have some more casual stakes out there then others). Two, what you do with your funds is your business, AS IT IS THEIRS. Respect a potential staker as a person and treat the opportunities as a business transaction.

4. On professionalism - be a businessman about it!! I'll give you an example: I stake out a player, who makes a critical mistake in final 3 tables of the quarter mil, costing tens of thousands of dollars. Im curious about the move (his rail has been marginal at best) and I request a hand history to look in better detail, as he doesn't know I already checked out his opponents tendencies (This is NOT just hypothetical, stakers can and often do check into their investment). Now, if the response is, I'm sorry I am emailing X poker room right now to get it, I might a 1 pass, more if the horse has been EXTREMELY good. If however I get a questionable response (uh it didnt save, idk, ill get in alike a week before the stake is over), I would immediately halt the stake and look to invest in a new horse. Point being: Treat the opportunity as a professional business, because if it goes well, it just may become that

5. Help promote yourself: Why wait for the staker to look at your stats, get them yourself, format them nicely on a spreadsheet organized by game types and buyins, ans start building a resume of sorts. why wait for a stake to save hand histories? start now, and epic hands can be a strong seller of your style play, you could even build a portfolio of your playstyles and organize with roi, itm %, only limited by your creativity

And lastly, realize that this site was never originally optimized for staking (leaving few stakers options before), however Zab is currently working on this upgrade, and that alone will bring the investors, in the meantime, look at list ^ and start getting ready any other questions on staking, hit me up in chat (remember #1 up there, go out and meet the scene)

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    It's basically for entertainment/interest loan capital.

Don't do it very often lost $15.00 CAD doin' it for untrustworthy ppl.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Quote Originally Posted by eqgh5uea View Post
    It's basically for entertainment/interest loan capital.

Don't do it very often lost $15.00 CAD doin' it for untrustworthy ppl.
    Not really, in actuality think of it as a stock investment, which also applies to your 2nd statement as well: Is it smart to invest in a stock without research? How about all stockbrokers, none of them untrustworthy?? Of course there's an inherit risk to staking, but if they are even a "slightly" better player then you, it's overall +ev, as long as you do the same homework any profitable stock investor does. Now I wouldn't recommend doing it for entertainment value/casually, except in the case of someone selling shares in a larger buy in game/series (also know as BAP, buy a piece). That can be a little safer, as generally they wouldn't have that many people putting enough trust like this without having a at least better than average history of playing and reliably paying back (for casual staking, less homework, however, NOT no homework as there's still a risk if you don't invest wisely)

PokerOwned Veteran
    i dont like staking in general. it would feel so weird playing anything but super high stakes with someone elses dough

PokerOwned Veteran
    I would only stake someone I know personally in real life myself so that could be part of why someone isn't staking you.

Quote Originally Posted by s810car View Post
    There can be many reasons:
    1. obscurity: if people don't know you, they can't stake you. Get involved, and you'll be noticed, esp if any good

2. attitude: remember especially on a social site your actions are always watched. now thread/post blowups is an obvious nono, but for instance just today someone complained about a players hostility towards them IN THE POKER ROOM during the freeroll. Always be professional.

3. don't assume helping or staking others out gets you an easy way to be staked. For one, most true professionals only stake OR play, not both. If they do both, one of the activities is definitely casual (professional stakers play casually, and pro players will have some more casual stakes out there then others). Two, what you do with your funds is your business, AS IT IS THEIRS. Respect a potential staker as a person and treat the opportunities as a business transaction.

4. On professionalism - be a businessman about it!! I'll give you an example: I stake out a player, who makes a critical mistake in final 3 tables of the quarter mil, costing tens of thousands of dollars. Im curious about the move (his rail has been marginal at best) and I request a hand history to look in better detail, as he doesn't know I already checked out his opponents tendencies (This is NOT just hypothetical, stakers can and often do check into their investment). Now, if the response is, I'm sorry I am emailing X poker room right now to get it, I might a 1 pass, more if the horse has been EXTREMELY good. If however I get a questionable response (uh it didnt save, idk, ill get in alike a week before the stake is over), I would immediately halt the stake and look to invest in a new horse. Point being: Treat the opportunity as a professional business, because if it goes well, it just may become that

5. Help promote yourself: Why wait for the staker to look at your stats, get them yourself, format them nicely on a spreadsheet organized by game types and buyins, ans start building a resume of sorts. why wait for a stake to save hand histories? start now, and epic hands can be a strong seller of your style play, you could even build a portfolio of your playstyles and organize with roi, itm %, only limited by your creativity

And lastly, realize that this site was never originally optimized for staking (leaving few stakers options before), however Zab is currently working on this upgrade, and that alone will bring the investors, in the meantime, look at list ^ and start getting ready any other questions on staking, hit me up in chat (remember #1 up there, go out and meet the scene)
    LOL funny answers. Maybe i am not a beggars and looking for a handout everytime i log on. I dont need to go advertise my stats and tell people to go troll my stats and all this ROI. The champ dont need to do all this, people just know. so back to my question, how come i havent been stake one penny ever since im a member here?

This is getting old. Were sick and tired of the Spurs owning us. This is the year we ride up to the challenge, Get the monkey off our back! We Believe GO Dubbssss!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast