Thread: math

sometimes I hate math. That goes for poker too

maybe im just burnt out
    When I set out to get rich;
    I failed miserably.
    When I set out to help people;
    They made me rich!

PokerOwned Master
    math is the most important factor of the game if you wanna be profitable and something it seems very few people on this site ever consider. sure, most of you only play freerolls so whats the big deal, but when you're chasing your flush draw on the flop with only 2:1 pot odds then you're losing money (or points, lol) in the long run. so yes, math is important. so learn the math ...or not and just keep chasing your draws

PokerOwned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by matg281 View Post
    math is the most important factor of the game if you wanna be profitable and something it seems very few people on this site ever consider. sure, most of you only play freerolls so whats the big deal, but when you're chasing your flush draw on the flop with only 2:1 pot odds then you're losing money (or points, lol) in the long run. so yes, math is important. so learn the math ...or not and just keep chasing your draws
    Even deeper than that.....if you have a 10k stack and you are in a pot with a 1k shortstack that you know is a nit that plays very conservatively.....even if you flopped your flush draw....and suspect the nit flopped top pair......It may be mathematically correct to shove on him, especially considering that he is capable of folding top pair at least 1/3 of the time. It goes beyond pot odds....it's what are the odds that a player will react in a way you want him to/don't want him to.....assuming you have a ballpark accurate read on him.

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    I do believe without and understanding of odds your poker career is doomed...

PokerOwned Veteran
    its mostly maths, the thing is that people make lots of mistakes and just say its matter of luck. In poker there must be a reason for everything you do.

PokerOwned Pro
    its 75 luck and 25 ability..thats poker...

PokerOwned Veteran
    If you suck at math you are probably going to have a bad time at poker.

Math and Luck on the River. :-)

Banned
    if your being at poker my best addvice is for u to sit out first 40 mins of tourments and watch how people play.

Experienced Member
    EL poker: 60% suerte en las calles, 20% matem?ticas y 20% conocimiento del juego y los jugadores de las meses.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast