Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62586.05

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freerolls

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar

Freerolls

I am interested to see the different theories folks have when it comes to any freeroll play. I have entered a few of the freerolls offered in Hero (usually the smaller entries), and for the most part I see people shoving all in, in the beginning stages. What is the general consensus as to how to play these. Thanks for any input.

Some people just dont care and shove any 2 cards in an effort to get a big stack early. I think the best strategy is to weather the early storm of the people who shove all in and only play premiums. Once you get deeper in the freeroll and those kind of people calm down it becomes more about poker and thats when u should open up ur play a bit more.

Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    There two school of thought here, like was mentioned weather the storm with postion and strong hands or chip up early with a double up. Shoving early you take a chance with possible getting a few callers. Later into the tournament you might get HU with a strong hand. Playing multi-way pots early can leave you wishing you would have folded.

I prefer to sit back and let the gamblers gamble, then play the poker players in the game we know and save myself from turning in my bingo card early.
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

find a style that suits u and stick to it try to avoid bluffing cuz in a fr u will get called regardless and u will lose course sometimes there is nothing u can do even with monsters u can and will still get beaten
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

PokerOwned God
    patience is a good trait to have in the fr, let the manics go at it, wait til you have a good solid hand to play or if you can see the flop for cheap, play suited connectors or small pairs and hope for a set..just a few thoughts, gl in the fr here and hero
    Last edited by gametime74; 03-07-2012 at 08:36 AM.

I agree %100 that bluffing in freerolls can be dangerous, especially in the early stages.
    "Maybe Poker's Just Not Your Game"

All those shovers usually end up losing all their chips sooner then later. If you can make it past the first break there are usually better players at that point and making it itm shouldn't be a problem.
    "Maybe Poker's Just Not Your Game"

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Yep definitely be patient if u wanna win or else u gonna go bust

PokerOwned God
    definitely try and make it to the first break - you get better players who r left and bigger stacks which people will try and hold onto

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    If i was you i would strcitly play premium hands, and play very aggressive when you get them... all you can do is hope your hand holds.... thats poker

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast