Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61502.24

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro
    What's this going deep in tourney you all speak of?? I just thought it was a myth to keep us donks buying back in.

I do agree. I also feel like the other players at the table want to make a point by knocking said impatient player out ASAP.

PokerOwned God
    I dont mind waiting for a person to make a decision - but we have some who are playing multi tables and run the clock every single hand - that is rude - it is not a matter of patience it is a matter of consideration for others

PokerOwned Pro
    Of course you can rush the progress of a tourney. Why, just this afternoon, in the second or third blind level, I clicked one button and the tourney was over...
    ...(wait for it)...
    ...for me.

Experienced Member
    I find that just being patient and analyzing every hand even when you're not apart of it will greatly increase you chances of going deep into a tournament. If you were looking to play fast then I think your option should be a hyper turbo tourney, if those even exist away from Sit N Go's.

Seasoned Veteran
    "I've noticed over time that players who complain or make chat comments fussing for other players to hurry up, usually donk out early in the tourney. It seems that the number one rule for successful tourney action is "BE PATIENT". Does this make sense?"

Usually the players that rush are very impatient and want a fast win....i agree, there is no way you can rush a tourney and win it too...unless you are a lucky donkey. Then again, how can a donkey be lucky? I take that back...there are plenty of lucky donkeys, but in the long haul, the donks become unlucky as you said and thus donk out fairly early.

A smart donkey, if there is such, can rush the game only if:

1. The donk has plenty of chips to cover any all-ins called;
    2. The donk is wayyy ahead of the game;
    3. The donk is an actual donkey.
    Last edited by WhackaDonk; 10-23-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: wrong word used twice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    Try telling this to waterboat. LOL

PokerOwned Pro
    But really, if I see that someone else is doing it, and that is tilting the table, then I will sometimes do it at uncomfortable or obvious moments. However, I generally agree with OP...it is frustrating. I also understand that the speed - super-quick or agonizingly slow - of someone's bets can often be a tell.

The worst, tho, is when morons try to stall when we are hand for hand, lol. I just wanna slit my wrists.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Haversham... stalling the game pisses me off too.... my point is that when you try to rush things by quickly placing higher and higher bets, then someone is likely to call you and take you out for it.... you can get away with it some.... but try to play that way the entire tourney and you'll be out... maybe it works if luck is on your side with an occasional sit n go... not with a multi table tourney

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Whackadonk is an expert on donkey behavior... I like the way you think.... good luck and thanks for responding to my thread

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast