Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62364.14

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran
    i would have folded 44 here also. your bet on the flop was a good one as it induced a fold. just because the guy has a boat on the flop doesnt mean a lot because he is thinking about what you have. your pre raise and c bet indicate prolly a higher pp. i think the play is bad on his end as well calling that much of a raise with 44, thats why he has to fold to the cbet, he shouldnt be in that hand imo

yea I would

Banned
    i have fold many hands to win tourments

Seasoned Veteran
    cash maybe not.. Tourney.. check your hud

Seasoned Veteran
    Check that EV boyyyyyyyy

This is a tough hand. If my opponent (you) has been playing really aggressively or cbets any flop and I think they might be getting out of line, raising with the 44 like 2.5-4x what you raised (depending on stack sizes) might be okay, but if you play back they'd have to fold anyways because you know that they never have a K if they raise. They know that you know this, but they have no knowledge of your hand past your preflop range which is likely very wide if it includes A8. So the loose aggressiveness is tricky to begin with. Furthermore, you know they never have a big pair because they'd have 3bet that preflop and they know that you know that.

Really, I think just folding is the best play. The mistake is showing it. It says, hey run me over. I'm folding THIS. lol But you know.

The one thing they can never do is just call because it'll only get trickier from there and they won't be able to narrow your range whatsoever.

I'd usually opt to just fold there too. Good fold by them.
    Last edited by jasonv12; 07-26-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Elite PokerOwned Member WECpoker's Avatar
    If I had 44 I would have made some type of raise on the flop...If you come over the top, well then I fold

PokerOwned Pro
    yeh i guess its a good fold by him... you were ahead the whole time with more money.. he can only do so much..if he calls, hes only going to get himself to not believe and possible get suckd out or fold .. but since you stayd aggressive and cbet UTG it was a good play and helped out with your ace high. Also the guy barely posted, if he just bought in, i dont think he would want his 1st hand to be in there right away with 44, and especially not against the one with the most money on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by WECpoker View Post
    If I had 44 I would have made some type of raise on the flop...If you come over the top, well then I fold
    While this is a good idea in theory, only stronger hands will continue with a call when the 44 re-pops, AND the A8 knows (or should know) the 44 never has a big pocket pair (he'd 3bet with that preflop) and he would just call to not scare the other hand away with a K. Therefore, a thinking player will just re-raise any air here (which I would do with the A8), knowing that NONE of the 44's range can ever really continue. Now if the 44 gives us credit to deduce all that and to go THAT far, things might get trickier and then the original re-pop might be okay, but as a range merging bet, not as an information bet because in reality, in a hand with two thinking players, the raise is just throwing away chips because its intentions are clear.

Banned
    depend of other player is you got a read and some others things

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast