Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61705.32

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    This is a great strategy! How do you determine where you are in a tournament?
    Well, the re-entry concept has kinda made it difficult on Carbon, but I generally use %'s in the MTT Avg Finish chart that are in parentheses. If 1000 entries, and 900 are left, we are at E; from 899-700 left is EM, 699-300 left is M, 299-100 left is LM, and under 100 is L.

I don't use a HUD anymore, so now I just keep a spreadsheet open with a few simple formulas set up to figure my M, one to give me this info, and then a shove chart and a call-it-in chart. Clearly this is probably a bit too involved for ppl who run several tables, but I don't usually get into more than 2-4 games at once.

PokerOwned Pro
    wish I put all that thought into my game ... but I still have fun....Great post!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHaversham View Post
    Well, the re-entry concept has kinda made it difficult on Carbon, but I generally use %'s in the MTT Avg Finish chart that are in parentheses. If 1000 entries, and 900 are left, we are at E; from 899-700 left is EM, 699-300 left is M, 299-100 left is LM, and under 100 is L.

I don't use a HUD anymore, so now I just keep a spreadsheet open with a few simple formulas set up to figure my M, one to give me this info, and then a shove chart and a call-it-in chart. Clearly this is probably a bit too involved for ppl who run several tables, but I don't usually get into more than 2-4 games at once.
    The re-entry thing on Merge + ridiculously long late reg has really screwed everything up imo. It makes every tournament feel like like a luckbox game. I hope they eventually change it, I've used their new comment feature to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    The re-entry thing on Merge + ridiculously long late reg has really screwed everything up imo. It makes every tournament feel like like a luckbox game. I hope they eventually change it, I've used their new comment feature to complain.
    its a cash cow so i dont see it going anywhere anytime soon, its also better than a rebuy game imo yes its donkish until late reg ends BUT it stops people rebuying then rebuying again straight away as that gives a huge disadvantage to other players but its helping reduce the overlay which in turn helps the site to make money, if a site is making money its going to pay players....so its a sacrifice i dont mind making
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

PokerOwned Veteran
    That's a pretty interesting system you have. I pretty much just gague theyre play during the session.

PokerOwned Veteran
    you have it all mapped out I like the dedication that you have to your craft don't know if that would be right for me I just more so go off of feeling but maybe thass why i have not been successful the way I want to be

PokerOwned Master
    a really good way to have more information about your opponents, i will try to do like that in the future.....at least if i play higher SNGS or mtts

Elite PokerOwned Member
    well thumbs up 4 the creativity , still need some more explanation tho

PokerOwned Pro
    As I said, this is the system I was using pre-BF when I was running mostly tourneys in the $26 range. I still use it, but there are TONS more "new" players these days for various reasons. I rarely go to all the trouble of copying/pasting the charts unless they are RED, or the occasional SUPERFISH with a higher buy-in. These days I really just focus on getting them colored correctly, and maybe noting whether they are prone to overbets, loose calls, etc. Most fish make the same general mistakes, and you don't want to get caught up characterizing a player based on one play or even one session. What this system does is tells me, at a glance, is this guy good at doing what he's doing, whether it's playing loose, tight, passive, or aggressive.

PokerOwned Pro
    Also, I should note that I did NOT invent this system. The basic idea was taught to me by a great player who played on FTP under the name mossified84. I just looked him up to link his name to his stats and was surprised to realize he is playing on FTP again. Hmmmmm....

Of course, I've tweaked it a bit to account for the fact that I don't play at his level, and very few on Carbon do. Most of the players I studied with didn't have families and so were able to hop the border to continue crushing.
    Last edited by TheHaversham; 11-17-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast