Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64613.62

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Secret ingrediants to poker tourney success

Success in the long run when playing tournament style poker can depend on how you look at it. Everyone has their own secret ingredient to pokr success, whats yours? I think when grinding poker you have to be confident in your game. Also another very key factor is "time". The more you play tourneys, the more you learn and should get better results as you study/play the game. Sometimes you have to go out of bankroll to go for a few shots, sometimes I stick to my grits and grind out proper BR management.
    Our body is the temple of God. No man shalt mix clay with iron will surely perish.

Mine is play solid poker. and my numbers here support that.. but, unfortunately now, you simply cannot protect your hand anymore. Not only in client, which is like the lowest caliber of poker players ever on the face of the planet... but, aside from that, on actual poker sites the numbers are reversed; There was a time when you had 1 or 2 fish on the table, and could exploit them, but now, with 5, 6, or 8 or 9 casual players (fish) on any given table... your odds of winning with a dominant hand decrease with every additional hand in play..... so while in the hayday of online poker beating those 1 or 2 fish was a walk in the park, now, with 6-8 fish, their odds of 1 of them outdrawing you are 3-4 times as great.. and like I began, you simply cannot protect your hand anymore.
    Last edited by MichMan; 11-26-2015 at 01:02 AM.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Its 2016. Poker is Dead NeilZelkin's Avatar
    Senor Grande aka Neil Z's special sauce for poker success---

Ingredients

2 grams high grade hydroponic marijuana
    1 gram 96%> pure crystal meth
    2 butane torches
    1 Glass Pipe
    1 Pack Rolling Papers
    1 Stolen Lap top to play on while mooching the Free McDonald's Wi-Fi signal across the drainage canal from my campsite.

Directions

First smoke some of the meth to gain a false sense of confidence. Once that has been accomplished one can move on to the next step that is scamming some poor sap that I befriended online at a site for poker enthusiast, Say pokerowned for example, out of as much $$$$ as possible via the P2P transfer system on ACR or BCP. After fraudalently obtained funds hit my account I employ the Neil Z proprieatary BR management system to find my tourney. But instead of boring you with the complex algorithim my staff created I will dumb it down for simplicity sake. If you have $7.50 find a tourney as close to $7.50 as possible and go for the win. Or say that scamming was really good that day and the BR swells to $150. Find some tourney with a buy in as close to but not over $150. Why? Because I never want to lay my head down on the cold hard ground with newspapers for blankets and leaves piled to make a pillow and think, "Man I should have just gone for it."

And that is my recipe for poker tourney success.
    I suck at Poker. You suck at Life. Swallow That...

lmao NeilZelkin, well that is a very sophisticated strategic "strategy".Good luck at he tables all and let us know your secret ingredients.
    Our body is the temple of God. No man shalt mix clay with iron will surely perish.

Quote Originally Posted by MichMan View Post
    Mine is play solid poker. and my numbers here support that.. but, unfortunately now, you simply cannot protect your hand anymore. Not only in client, which is like the lowest caliber of poker players ever on the face of the planet... but, aside from that, on actual poker sites the numbers are reversed; There was a time when you had 1 or 2 fish on the table, and could exploit them, but now, with 5, 6, or 8 or 9 casual players (fish) on any given table... your odds of winning with a dominant hand decrease with every additional hand in play..... so while in the hayday of online poker beating those 1 or 2 fish was a walk in the park, now, with 6-8 fish, their odds of 1 of them outdrawing you are 3-4 times as great.. and like I began, you simply cannot protect your hand anymore.
    I'm a biologist and I have a theory: global warming and its effects on ecosystems, mainly from the oceans, has done little habitable those environments; therefore, in their struggle to survive, this species has massively migrated to poker sites.
    Now talking seriously; I totally agree with you, I'm not an experienced player, I have not even been able to build a good bankroll; My experience comes from playing many freerollls and some cash but it's true what you say. It's very frustrating and undermines your confidence when you have that feeling that maybe a pair of aces, kings or dominant hand could be your downfall when so many fish. They are everywhere, and pay any bets with whatever they have all the time !!

secrets I have many secrets oh poker wise: play at your level and within your means, play good cards and play in good position, be sure to mix up your play. you have to have skills to put yourself in spots to get lucky. when your not making money or having fun...find a new hobby.
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

Here still trying undestand all this.

Seasoned Veteran
    Play it like All-in or Fold until you hit 10% of the chips then shift gears to tight/aggressive. once u hit 10% you have little need to bluff outside of blind steals.

even then try to risk no more than 10% on any bluff at end-game. Chips move fast in tournaments, the chip lead 30 minutes in will likely be the same person as chip lead after late reg.
    "lol i just got a notifications leting me know a tourney is about to start and has 35 hours of late reg." - Drywallman3

And that is my recipe for poker tourney success.
    that sounds more like a recipe for an early death o.O
    Refugees welcome

That's the spirit my boyyy!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast