Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $67773.79

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    q 10 is just a recipe for disaster OP got what he deserved for playing it!

Quote Originally Posted by TacTownGOON253 View Post
    q 10 is just a recipe for disaster OP got what he deserved for playing it!
    Stop being so blah. He posted this because he wanted advice, not to be told how horrible he is. And he has like a 32% itm rate or something, so he must be doing something right.

I Gots You Dominated MovingFlea's Avatar
    first of wtf are you thinking raising 7X bb with q10 off.this was your first mistake! and a big one,idk how much was in the pot on the turn...but you should have just checked for pot control......and the fact that you have q high lol if you were gonna bet the turn you should have just jammed.Then when river comes you are priced in b/c of your turn bet...this hand was just plaed very poorly all around.Just my opinion

I raised that much because that is how much you raise. 3X the BB + 1 BB per limper. This gives everyone bad odds to call. Maybe my mistake was playing the hand in the first place, but playing it aggressively is considered an acceptable move since I have position on the limpers. Your hole cards are the least important cards on the table, the opponents hole cards and the board cards are much more important.

Now If they fold, great, I win. If I get one caller I can most likely push him off the hand with ease, good. I got two callers, not very good, I get the second worst outcome, multiple callers, still not a death sentence. THEY made worse plays than I did, he called a 7X the BB raise with QJ out of position. Since we don't know what each other have, I have a strategic advantage. By having position, and showing pre flop strength.

I check the flop because a Jack is in the dead center of their range, one of them has to have had it. If it was all low cards, I'm betting.

I would have folded on the turn, except they both checked twice. I mean the guy had top pair and a flush draw, AND he saw me check the flop, if he doesn't bet it now then he just wont bet anything. If I raise pre-flop, you can bet your ass I'm not going to give it up so easily. If I allow them to see one more card for free, they may hit a pair and beat me, or even bluff.

I think my only serious mistake was calling the river bet, of course I only did so because I had top pair, but still a mistake nonetheless. I'm actually proud of everything leading up to there. I admit it, my river call was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingFlea View Post
    I raised that much because that is how much you raise. 3X the BB + 1 BB per limper. This gives everyone bad odds to call. Maybe my mistake was playing the hand in the first place, but playing it aggressively is considered an acceptable move since I have position on the limpers. Your hole cards are the least important cards on the table, the opponents hole cards and the board cards are much more important.

Now If they fold, great, I win. If I get one caller I can most likely push him off the hand with ease, good. I got two callers, not very good, I get the second worst outcome, multiple callers, still not a death sentence. THEY made worse plays than I did, he called a 7X the BB raise with QJ out of position. Since we don't know what each other have, I have a strategic advantage. By having position, and showing pre flop strength.

I check the flop because a Jack is in the dead center of their range, one of them has to have had it. If it was all low cards, I'm betting.

I would have folded on the turn, except they both checked twice. I mean the guy had top pair and a flush draw, AND he saw me check the flop, if he doesn't bet it now then he just wont bet anything. If I raise pre-flop, you can bet your ass I'm not going to give it up so easily. If I allow them to see one more card for free, they may hit a pair and beat me, or even bluff.

I think my only serious mistake was calling the river bet, of course I only did so because I had top pair, but still a mistake nonetheless. I'm actually proud of everything leading up to there. I admit it, my river call was stupid.
    Good analysis, you're clearly playing better than your opponents, although I would challenge you to try to think for yourself. Sure the 3x + 1 per limper is deemed standard, but the PO games are not a standard format. By which I mean, the players play a wider range, aren't able to reason, the format is turbo, stacks are shallow, etc.

Play optimally for beating your opponents, rather than the "book" play. That's a big tip for beating games like this.

Just my two cents, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonv12 View Post
    Good analysis, you're clearly playing better than your opponents, although I would challenge you to try to think for yourself. Sure the 3x + 1 per limper is deemed standard, but the PO games are not a standard format. By which I mean, the players play a wider range, aren't able to reason, the format is turbo, stacks are shallow, etc.

Play optimally for beating your opponents, rather than the "book" play. That's a big tip for beating games like this.

Just my two cents, good luck.
    Not that hand. My river call was on the level of whatever is worse than a donk.

Sometimes I play super tight, and sometimes I loosen up. It depends on whether or not I'm tired. I do tend to do better by playing tight.
    Your hole cards are the least important factor in Texas hold'em.
    -MovingFlea

Quote Originally Posted by MovingFlea View Post
    Not that hand. My river call was on the level of whatever is worse than a donk.

Sometimes I play super tight, and sometimes I loosen up. It depends on whether or not I'm tired. I do tend to do better by playing tight.
    We all make mistakes. Just learn from them.

Banned
    Sorry Flea.was not trying to bash you or nothing. btw ow many BB's did you start the hand with? and how much was the sb/bb

Sorry Flea.was not trying to bash you or nothing. btw ow many BB's did you start the hand with? and how much was the sb/bb
    sorry? i dont deserve sorries. but I accept your "apology" nevertheless.

We started with about 30-40 BB. I don't remember the size of the blinds, just the number of blinds i had. It was mid game
    -MovingFlea

PokerOwned God
    You should've just checked the turn. And if you get short stacked, so what, it's a turbo, at one point, almost everyone is considered short stack.

Quote Originally Posted by WILD View Post
    You should've just checked the turn. And if you get short stacked, so what, it's a turbo, at one point, almost everyone is considered short stack.
    Almost everyone LOSES. See the connection? lol jk. Yea I should have checked the turn, I just didin't know that at the time. the fu---- was slowplaying me.
    -MovingFlea

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast