Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63986.1

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    I find it very hrd to play tight in freerolls like some of u on here like to do!

PokerOwned Pro
    freeroll.. depends how bad you want to win. learning to play tight can get you far in lasting the bubble.

PokerOwned God
    If you get great hands, get in there, but if you're being dealt bad hands, it doesn't make much sense to force yourself to get in there, playing tight can save you.

i think its all a matter of who you are up against... in a freerolll you are most likely up against a bunch of fishy donks... so best bet is to play tight... wait for big hands... and stack folks....

the same applies to all tournys i think.... theres a time to play tight. and a time to loosen up.
    "Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you will get the results" -Oscar Wilde

MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

PokerOwned Veteran
    i agree with hops thumbsup!

Experienced Member
    IMO playing tight early is bad choice. So much free money out there. Depends how bad your stressing the loss thouhg cause you may catch a bad beat

I beg to differ on playing tight early in freerolls. There is indeed a ton of easy money available, but you aren't getting it if you wait for premium pocket pairs. Often time, top pair can pay off early in a FR. So, yes - be careful. Play tight AFTER the flop. thats where the $$ is

Experienced Member
    I consistently place top 10 in 300-800 player freerolls and top 30 in 1600+ with playing tight early then getting looser as the blinds to stack ratio dwindles for the majority. If and only if you can catch a premium hand early and capitalize on it, would I suggest playing loose-ish in the early part of a freeroll. If you can double up in the first five to ten minutes, then you'll have chips to spare incase someone donks out on you. If I can get an early double up, I usually get to chip lead and maintain it the entire freeroll, but if not then I'm happy staying below average and slowly increasing. I'm pretty comfortable with play at about 8-10BB stack size and used to just afk until the blinds got that high. Though I've found slowly increasing my stack to be rewarding in making it more consistent to final table.

Seasoned Veteran
    I think playing tight in the beginning is good, and be aggressive when blinds get bigger.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn171 View Post
    its a marathon not a sprint race
    +100, i need to tattoo this sentence at my chest

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast