Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69005.06

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: playing AK HIGH

If I'm gonna lose, I'm gonna lose with AK.

PokerOwned God
    Obv AK fail. Let it go. Next time have kk.

PokerOwned Veteran
    you want to play AK similar to your big pairs in cash games due to the fact that you really want to polarize these ranges together

Current B2B Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkowboys View Post
    These responses are lol funny. Come on people, you expect someone to 3bet with A-rag? Key question is your own image at the table? Are you playing loose or tight, and what have you shown down with?

Even if you have enough info to tell this player is not tight, his 3bet range has to be somewhat tight. Unless he's stupid and trying to bluff, he probably has a decent starting hand in this spot out of position. It is 200NL, so i would expect him to have some sense.

Your raise is higher than the standard 2.5-3xBB range. This could be a tell if you've shown down a hand like AK, AQ, KQ, etc with that starting bet before. You are also cbetting the flop a little light. You are betting half the pot which can leave the door open for someone who believes they have odds to draw and will get paid off. 2/3-3/4 of the pot is a standard cbet on that board. The check behind is a fail here. You don't want to see a river. It should be shut it down, or double barrel. The river bet is smart on his part because you showed you do not have a strong made hand. He could easily bluff this, but the 3bet preflop is strong showing PP.
    couldnt disagree more. your analysis seemed spot on until the turn. Why would i make another bet on the turn with ace high after getting called on a dry 632 board. if im ahead im crushing him(AQ,AJ,A10,KQ etc...) and if im behind hes crushing me(any pair makes me 85%-15% dog w one to go)..i wasnt super sold on the fact that he had an overpair bc he checked the flop after 3-betting me preflop and Thats a good a flop as you can get for a poket pair. Furthermore by cheking back the turn i can induce bluffs on the river by worse hands or reduce the amount i have to call to show down my hand. What if he check/raises the turn? Then i have to fold. Why not use position to my advantage, use some pot control, check it bak and see what the river brings.
    -BTW in case u didnt read he 3-bet me with KQ and looked him up at the river with AK .

PokerOwned God
    Fold it. The small blind could have anything, there are idiots all over the internet.

PokerOwned God
    Good call. Not many would have been able to make it. As for his play, in my opinion, very bad, KQ is beat by lots of hands, he probably should've just called and saved chips. I mean, he only had $120.

PokerOwned Veteran
    nice call from you... i think that was the right call if he did`t made a continuation bet on flop

PokerOwned Pro
    He probably has you beat but your getting more than 4 to 1.. Tough spot but id probably have to fold. He probably has an over pair or nothing.

PokerOwned Pro
    Oh wow just read he had KQ. Nice call. He took a strange line with that hand and i dont think he played that well at all. Im not 3 betting with KQ and neither am I floating on the flop with that hand unless im gonna make a move on the turn or river. I guess he was planning to check raise u on the turn. U played this hand brilliantly!!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    77 or 67 suited , but what did he have , let us know

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast