Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63835.78

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    LLB King
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    i agree with what someone else said earlier in the thread...a big raise opposed to a shove would of been a better move...some people have a gut feeling and maybe he thought u were bluffing...bad call fo sure..but maybe not the best play by you either
    I feel like someone who is going to call all in (15k more) to play will call 5k more every time.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Having even pocket aces will get you beaten plenty. It always depends on what you're looking at after the flop, and what another player may simply have that tears up your hand with an ace or two. The more players that stay in on a hand, the more likely of a chance one of them may be holding the winner needed to crack whatever ace combo you've got. Feel safer when you have aces over anything with a full house, or of course if you have quads. Other than that, watch out !

PokerOwned Veteran
    A lot of people dont think of the stats and math behind it and only play poker to gamble. kinda sick when they suck out on you

MyJam
    I have a saying. MyJam original "Beginners think an Ace is like a gold nugget". This doesn't answer your question exactly ; but the Ace rag question does hit in the same ballpark.

PokerOwned Veteran
    those are the calls u want .... if hole cards were face up .. im sure youd be stoked that he was gonna call u

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarker305 View Post
    terrible call, there really isnt any way to justify the villians play/call here except for the fact that he obviously is only playing for fun and does not intend or want to take the game seriously. You have to remember in these situations that it is players like that that allow us to still make money and that make this game still profitable. You want him to call there every time when he is holding cards like that because you are such a huge favorite. It just sucks that inevidabley every once in a while the fishies will draw/suck out on you but the fact that they do occasionally draw out on you and suck out to win a hand is what keeps them depositing and playing on a daily basis. If the solid players won against the weak/fish players 100% of the time then the fish pond would dry up and all of the recreational players would stop playing poker and instead find another way to pass their idle time. So in the future dont get upset when a player calls with a hand like that and sucks out on you, instead be thankful that he gave you the action and remember that it is players like that which make this gave still profitable for us.
    This answer should be sticky Very very nice post. Thanks jbarker305.

Quote Originally Posted by Pray4Spades View Post
    So I was in the 1k gtd deep stack tourney, there are 30 players left and I have 21k. Blinds are 600/1200 it's folded to utg +5 he has 30k. He raises 3200, it's folded to me on the button with 55, I call and the blinds fold. Flop comes K3K rainbow, he does a weak c bet of 2400. I shove for protection and after 5 seconds he calls me with A8, turn is an A, river 4. How does one justify calling with at best a 30% hand?
    The real player to have played the hand poorly is you. Your calling 55 On the button with 17.5 bbs. First off you can't set mine profitably with your stack, and you have no idea where he is at after the flop when he inevitably cbets. You got the a near perfect flop, and you still are only good here probably 80%. He sometimes has you beat pre-flop, and sometimes has 33 and mostly Kx hands. Additionally, you invite either the SB or BB to come along for the ride. That makes the hand even more difficult to play as it gets checked around to the pre-flop raiser with you sandwiched in between. OTF, what is the villain supposed to do? Check and give free cards? He figures that it is unlikely that you connected with that board, much in the same way you feel he didn't catch any piece..... the board is dry. Your hand is under-repped. You should really just shove or fold pre-flop. You still have fold equity. After villain cbets and you jam over the top, if he is any good and you aren't overtly crazy then it is a shitty spot; but I still call in this spot. The hand is way closer than you think with implied odds and pot odds. I really think that he thought his hand was good. If he had a lot of chips, then this is a fairly standard call. If it was for his tournament life, then it just comes down to a read. No guts no glory. You should just shove pre-flop. If you think that his play was bad, by the same metric how bad was your play? Either way the result would have been the same. If you shove pre-flop he is going to call, as would I. I always laugh when players flat call with stack sizes like yours, and think that they can either reduce variance or try to outplay me after the flop. I am also curious about whether there were antes. Going back to the flat call though. If you shoved pre-flop I would have called myself, given stack sizes and odds. Additionally, since I was calling a shove from you pre-flop; I am getting the rest in otf especially on that dry board. If you wanna be good, you gotta look at poker hands from all different angles.

Experienced Member
    Nice one too sickread23.

"If you wanna be good, you gotta look at poker hands from all different angles." That's true, and you maked me look from your angle and makes sense too.

This is the beauty of discussions

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    im too lazy to read whole post first all jsut sayin that, but from what i can see its a quetion of 55 vs A8 and how it was played, IMO you either shove or fold 55 right there, (fold) you know your tournament life will be on the line with AT BEST 50 percent chance to win....

Experienced Member
    lmao @ sickread.....how did 55 play it poorly ??? it got it in best hand on the flop and got the bad call too boot...what else is there to say other than A rag shoulda folded...didnt and got a bit lucky on the turn. Seems to me online poker players have a warped sense of reality when it comes the game. In a live game the 55 shove woulda been the correct play and the ace rag call woulda been the bad choice but online its the winning hand that shoved that played it wrong LOLOLOL too funny !!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast