Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64096.87

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Master
    congrats on your first win and try to spend your winnings wisely. Good luck at the table.

Your game does need to be tighter till the final 3 players then u can open up the afterburners and let EV take its course. Congrats on on your finish and I hope u have many more. And for the person earlier who said u might finish in the ITM more often but not win with being tighter , well thats exactly what u want is 2 be in the cash every time u play!

Quote Originally Posted by mike7734 View Post
    Your game does need to be tighter till the final 3 players then u can open up the afterburners and let EV take its course. Congrats on on your finish and I hope u have many more. And for the person earlier who said u might finish in the ITM more often but not win with being tighter , well thats exactly what u want is 2 be in the cash every time u play!
    If U really want to understand what Im getting at go to Deuces Cracked website .

PokerOwned Pro
    Obviously it'd be nice to cash every time, but that is fairly unrealistic. If you set that as a your goal, you will end up the player who seems to bubble every time (or just before, or just after). In freerolls, perhaps that is a decent starting point, but you can't stagnate like that and expect to build a real bank.

At a certain somewhat predictable point in nearly every tourney, players either go into "fold to the money" mode or "build a stack to play with in the money" mode. Once you realize that min-cashing is essentially the same as not cashing, the bubble becomes far less relevant, except as a spot to chip up.

Too many otherwise-solid players screw it down tight when they can see the bubble approaching, thinking that they will unleash their aggression once they've cashed. But then, by the time the bubble bursts, they are so short, and have attained such a predictable image, that they've lost any semblance of fold equity, much less playability. These are the guys who complain in their "I finally got Aces but some huge-stacked dipshit called my shove with J9o" threads.

What you want is consistent TOP 3 finishes, when you cash. You settle for less knowing you were making plays toward that end. If you're not in a position to play your full game by the time the bubble bursts, you have left it up to luck and prayers. You're praying to get lucky and finally see a hand, and praying that some "donkey" doesn't get lucky against it. If you ramp your aggression at the right time, you can exploit all those sitter and squeakers, and be the guy with the stack that can easily snap off with J9o, knowing that it's but a small dent to your stack at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHaversham View Post
    Obviously it'd be nice to cash every time, but that is fairly unrealistic. If you set that as a your goal, you will end up the player who seems to bubble every time (or just before, or just after). In freerolls, perhaps that is a decent starting point, but you can't stagnate like that and expect to build a real bank.

At a certain somewhat predictable point in nearly every tourney, players either go into "fold to the money" mode or "build a stack to play with in the money" mode. Once you realize that min-cashing is essentially the same as not cashing, the bubble becomes far less relevant, except as a spot to chip up.

Too many otherwise-solid players screw it down tight when they can see the bubble approaching, thinking that they will unleash their aggression once they've cashed. But then, by the time the bubble bursts, they are so short, and have attained such a predictable image, that they've lost any semblance of fold equity, much less playability. These are the guys who complain in their "I finally got Aces but some huge-stacked dipshit called my shove with J9o" threads.

What you want is consistent TOP 3 finishes, when you cash. You settle for less knowing you were making plays toward that end. If you're not in a position to play your full game by the time the bubble bursts, you have left it up to luck and prayers. You're praying to get lucky and finally see a hand, and praying that some "donkey" doesn't get lucky against it. If you ramp your aggression at the right time, you can exploit all those sitter and squeakers, and be the guy with the stack that can easily snap off with J9o, knowing that it's but a small dent to your stack at that point.
    I have seen players in many tournament with 100k stacks get beat down in the final 10. So no the leader going into the final 10 usually does not win it.

And another question 4 u THE HAVERSHAM how much money did u make her in your first 2 weeks? When u answer that then we can talk!

PokerOwned Pro
    I have seen players in many tournament with 100k stacks get beat down in the final 10. So no the leader going into the final 10 usually does not win it.
    100k stacks? How is that relevant? I had a 100k stack yesterday at a live FT. Blinds were 25k/50k, lol.

I certainly wasn't trying to argue against the point you made, just offering an alternative. And yes, you can't win unless you're there at the end; and anyone can come from behind or melt a giant stack. If you have some kind of stat that backs up your hypothesis, I'd be interested to see it. But it's not just about the stack, it's also the player behind it. My point is that if you get to the final 10 (? or, say, a final table, or just deep in the money), and your stack is so dwindled because you've been too tight, you are no longer in control of your own destiny.

PokerOwned Pro
    And another question 4 u THE HAVERSHAM how much money did u make her in your first 2 weeks? When u answer that then we can talk!
    WTF are you talking about? I have no idea. Look it up. I've only been on this site for few weeks. Here's a question for you: how much money have you won, lifetime? Across this site or any other?

I guess I have to assume you mean my first two weeks on Pokerowned? Is that the be-all end-all of poker for you? Wow, lol. If you really want to talk stats and results, put up or shut up, kiddo.

PokerOwned Pro
    Just glancing at my stats, while I joined Pokerowned in January, my first PO freeroll was in mid-September. I think I got 4th. In my first couple weeks, I won around $25. In my last full year playing on Full Tilt, I had around $50k in winnings with my average buy-in of $14, and profited only $11k. But I was backed, so in reality I pocketed much more considering I absorbed none of the losses, and got half the winnings.

PokerOwned Pro
    I've answered it.

My Full Tilt stats: PHINGROOV72 Poker Results and Statistics - Official Poker Rankings

My PokerStars stats: PHINGROOV Poker Results and Statistics - Official Poker Rankings

Both obviously are from pre-Black Friday. I've never claimed to be a huge winner, balla, etc. But I was able to not work for 3 years, living off of online poker checks. I also did fairly well in live tournaments and live cash games.

Here are my Carbon stats. You can easily see the first PO freeroll I entered.

ROWJIMMY Poker Results and Statistics - Official Poker Rankings

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast