Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63201.45

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro
    He's the big stack and likely opening very wide. I don't see a 3bet pre-flop as being very intelligent, since you have a nice pile to lose (and he's one of only two stacks that can take em from ya) and there's no need to inflate the pot further from out of position. There are going to be a TON of flops that make you squirm when you are first to act. I think you handled it well pre-flop.

But on that flop, I'm betting out around 80% of the time. What you're really hoping for is for him to also have a hand that he loves. If he doesn't love his hand, like an AK or KQ, you still might get a nice float from him, but when you check to him you give him the opportunity to check as well. If he likes the flop, with a hand like AT or JT, he may even fall into your trap with a raise, thinking that your bet is a block, or that you wouldn't bet out a hand as strong as that. The whole idea when flopping a set is to get the stacks in the middle, and the best way is to try to induce a raise. In your wettest dreams, he also flopped a set, but maybe he's got an overpair. It would appear not in this case, but still, a solid player is likely to check back a lot of hands there if he likes his, in the hopes that you catch something on the turn, especially something like AA, KK, or AKc.

You should be making the biggest bet you think he'll call on virtually every street. Unless he's spewy, in which case a little bet might induce the bluff you seek. But since you missed the opportunity on the flop, there's no need to milk the turn. You sort of played it like you were worried he was going to fold. Well, if he's decent and he missed, there's nothing you can do. But if he's hit, or he's over that board, you want to give him some rope to tie his own noose.

Just my 2 cents.

Seasoned Veteran
    Think you did Ok but was he playing fast or slow? it's hard to tell from what you posted.

~Swordcall

I would of probably 3-betted preflop, but you won the hand! No complaints there man, you got the most you could get out of him after the flop.

jgad115
    Not Wrong at all... I mean you led in perfect and followed up like a genius just luck of the draw :/ or unluck

PokerOwned Master
    Yep i like hero not 3betting 10s in this spot. It would be extremely awkward bloating the pot up with that hand oop and with these stack sizes. I rather 3bet QQ+ and AKo and AKs.*

However, i do not like donk betting the flop because you take away his chance of cbetting the flop with complete air that missed. Since hero has a set, it makes it unlikely that villain has a 10 in his range. So hes basically cbetting most of his range on the flop and only continuing on the turn if he improves his equity or if he thinks the turn card is a blank.*

I can't ever see a random villain check back overpairs with flush and straight draws on the board as well as stuff like AKs with two overs and a fd. *With those hands against random heroes i believe villain would always bet 3 streets of value most of the time/gii on the flop

I think it's more likely villain would check back hands that have SD value like middle pair so they would try and get 1-2 streets of value on the turn and river instead of getting check raised on the flop.

But yeah, definitely bet the biggest amount u think villain would call. Build dat pot up to get maximize value yo!

Experienced Member
    Looks fine to me. You probably could have bet 3500ish on the river, but besides that, it looks like you extracted max value.

PokerOwned Veteran
    yes you played it totally wrong if u have to ask the question then you know the answer.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    nah , sometimes u just have to take what u get & move on

Seasoned Veteran
    you played it fine just got unlucky

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    your asking to speculate if you could have gotten more? I think a lot of that comes with knowing your opponent and thats where notes come in and can be really helpful.

16:24 <PooffyFooffy> sorry jayy

18:07 <gimmeabrew> @jayyy27: sorry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast