Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62334.57

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Did I make the correct decision??

Final Table of a live tourney( 80$ bi $20$ bounty, turbo blinds increase every 15 mins). Top 3 get paid. Blinds are 1k and 2k, I have about 75 to 80k. 8 people, utg limps, i have JJ, i raise to 6k, seat 3 reraises to 16k and he has about same stack as me, 4th folds, 5th shoves his remaining chips, about 11-12k, 6th folds, 7th raises all in he has me covered, 8th shoves all in he has like 30k, back to utg he calls all in and has about 60k... What should i do, shove all in or fold??? After some feedback I'll tell u what I did.... if u need more info just ask like players styles etc
    Last edited by Donka; 04-03-2014 at 07:01 PM.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

lol this is about as big of a no-brainer as it gets. FOLD FOLD FOLD. You're going to be lucky to be up against hands like Ak + AQ + maybe a smaller pp. You have 40bbs and should be able to find a way better spot.

Easy fold, I think. You've got lots of overs out there and JJ just doesn't play well in a multi-player pot. You've only got 6K out there at the moment.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

yea well i thought about 10 secs and said "easy fold here" and mucked it.. seat 3 called, turns out 4 players that went all in had AK, and the short stack had 77, no straight or flush hit any of em.. and no set for 77, i would of won a mega pot, been down to 4 players, and collected 80$ 4 more knockouts to go with the 2 i already had previously.. i was so astonished.. i kno it was the right fold but i was second guessing myself after that.....

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

PokerOwned Demi-God
    don't second guess, play ur gut
    Like a puzzle with no edgez. 18:12 <PooffyFooffy> I miss Zab .!. 23:49 <RaiseWinPotFold> i miss invertedafro .!.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    lol this is about as big of a no-brainer as it gets. FOLD FOLD FOLD. You're going to be lucky to be up against hands like Ak + AQ + maybe a smaller pp. You have 40bbs and should be able to find a way better spot.
    yep fold.. all that action out there, Time to LOse the jacks, Even if u were ahead, what are the odds of that? lol there pocket three's probably would of held anyway. If you folded kudos!!

PokerOwned Pro
    Too many people in the pot to shove. If you were already itm I would consider it, but being that you need to get in top 3, I would fold and hope the biggest stack wins to knock the rest out

Although it may be tempting to call here with all that money in the pot, after investing almost ten percent of your stack into the pot. However if there are eight people remaining , most of whom are all in already, and the top 3 get paid I think it's an easy fold, secure your spot. let the other dogs take each other out if they are bent upon it. Don't gamble your whole stack 5 spots from the money. Even with AA here I might consider folding.
    KcsAcoustic

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    I would always fold because you are playing against good players so you know there range is solid. Def. fold

16:24 <PooffyFooffy> sorry jayy

18:07 <gimmeabrew> @jayyy27: sorry

PokerOwned Master
    I would fold in this spot considering the cold 5bet reshove is at least 40bbs and just super strong considering u opened in early position and another EP guy 3bet you. often you'll be up against QQ+, AKo+, and AKs in that spot and JJ is absolutely crushed vs that range. the 3better still has to act too and he looks strong as well.

However, I'm probably calling with QQ. More often than not 3seat, , the 6bb small stack who shove, and the cold 5bet reshover are probably sharing aces and since top 3 spots pay this isn't a bad call to make with QQ.
    Last edited by lorenz0wns; 04-04-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast