Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63737.37

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    Hope everything works out for you. Looks like some great advice here. Much success at the tables.
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

thank you for your kind words Mrpokerverse. I like your quote you put up too. I wish you the best of luck also at the tables!

It is hard very hard been playing for 7 years to many good players now

PokerOwned Demi-God
    If u dedicate a lot of time to research about poker playing techniques, implied odds, bankroll management etc. all things relating to poker and of course playing a lot of poker both online and live u cud become pro poker player wish u best of luck.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Its realllly hard to get from freerolls to eventually make 100k but its not impossible. To grind up to 100k is very hard, you gotta put a lot of time into the game and be able to beat the strong competition at the higher stakes. Its a lot easier if you end up shipping a tournament so a little luck helps in that. Just keep on playing and if you end up making consistent winnings, you can think about become a pro. If you're willing to play a lot, live and online, I would grind a lot of cash games live and play tournaments online. Its a lot easier to make a lot of money live at 1-2 or 1-3 and possibly even 2-5. Theres a lot of fish in those games and you can make a good bankroll from playing these.

Banned
    There are multiple factors involved here to work towards your goal. Everyone is going to say bankroll management which is obvious yet always missed. I am a firm believer of 'begin with the end in mind' and even take that to the point of a sort of reverse engineering of a plan.

You need to figure out what type of games you are going to play, just MTT's or MTT's and SNG's or Ring, MTT's, SNG's, or a combo of any of those. From that decision and for any and all decisions for change along the lines, you need to make sure you understand the shifts in your playing style that have to happen in order to be profitable in each of those genres. And to go a little further, you need to understand the shifts needed from level to level within the same genre as you progress.

As you do these things, they should not just be mental thoughts, they should be written out in an almost business plan format. Does not have to be formal or anything but at least understandable enough that it does a few things. First and foremost it reinforces your ideas and concepts in your mind so that as situations arise, you have a reference both mental and physical. Second, you can share these thoughts with someone such as a mentor who is doing what you want to do or at least does well in an area you are trying to be successful in your pursuit. It also gives you focal points for your game that are far better than just reviewing hand history.

This is just a start to things, if you want more info I will be happy to continue. But right now I just had a tourney start so I am going to cut it short(way short really).

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YouWereDOA View Post
    There are multiple factors involved here to work towards your goal. Everyone is going to say bankroll management which is obvious yet always missed. I am a firm believer of 'begin with the end in mind' and even take that to the point of a sort of reverse engineering of a plan.

You need to figure out what type of games you are going to play, just MTT's or MTT's and SNG's or Ring, MTT's, SNG's, or a combo of any of those. From that decision and for any and all decisions for change along the lines, you need to make sure you understand the shifts in your playing style that have to happen in order to be profitable in each of those genres. And to go a little further, you need to understand the shifts needed from level to level within the same genre as you progress.

As you do these things, they should not just be mental thoughts, they should be written out in an almost business plan format. Does not have to be formal or anything but at least understandable enough that it does a few things. First and foremost it reinforces your ideas and concepts in your mind so that as situations arise, you have a reference both mental and physical. Second, you can share these thoughts with someone such as a mentor who is doing what you want to do or at least does well in an area you are trying to be successful in your pursuit. It also gives you focal points for your game that are far better than just reviewing hand history.

This is just a start to things, if you want more info I will be happy to continue. But right now I just had a tourney start so I am going to cut it short(way short really).
    I have to agree with you

Banned
    well, good luck in your venture. play big to win big.

i knew this guy who was always broke and begging and about 2 months later he had 80K bankroll so i think anything is possible

PokerOwned Pro
    god i couldn't imagine working my way up from nothing to 100K that would take me sooo long

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast