Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member
    DONE DEAL BOOOOOM HAPPIEST DAY EVER

PokerStars settles with United States DoJ - PokerStarsBlog.com

For the people that cant comprehend a paragraph its broken up below

http://www.pokerstars.com/fulltiltpoker/

Elite PokerOwned Member
    STATEMENT OF RAYMOND J. BITAR

Over the past few days, I signed the papers necessary to complete Full Tilt’s deal with the US Government. The Company’s assets will now be transferred to PokerStars and Full Tilt employees will have a new employer as well. I believe that this deal will result in Full Tilt’s customers being repaid. I am extremely pleased and excited by this prospect. For the past 15 months, I have worked hard on possible solutions to get players repaid. It has been a very long road, with lots of bumps along the way, but I am glad we have gotten to the end. I only wish that we could have resolved the situation much sooner.

Today’s settlement also ends the US Government’s legal case against the Full Tilt companies. I am glad that this chapter has closed. I would like to thank the company’s many dedicated employees who helped achieve this result. It has been a pleasure working at Full Tilt and I am grateful for the many friendships and memories that I made there. I wish everyone in the Full Tilt family success in their future endeavors.

I also extend my best wishes to PokerStars. This is a very creative deal and it should benefit everyone: the players, Full Tilt and PokerStars alike.

— Ray Bitar

STATEMENT OF JOHN BAUGHMAN

John F. (“Jack”) Baughman, a partner at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP and an attorney for Raymond J. (“Ray”) Bitar, made the following statement in response to media inquiries:

Over the past few days, Ray Bitar signed all of the documents necessary to transfer the assets of the Full Tilt Poker companies to the US government, so that those assets can next be transferred to PokerStars. The whole point of this deal is to make money available to repay Full Tilt’s players. We hope that this process can be completed as soon as possible.

As has been widely reported, when Full Tilt Poker’s operations were shut down last year, the company was not able to refund money it was holding in players’ accounts. Mr. Bitar was the CEO of the company then, a position he still holds. For the past 15 months, working through the company and with its advisors, Mr. Bitar has been working to get Full Tilt’s players repaid. Mr. Bitar’s return to the US last month was part of this process. Every day since his return Mr. Bitar has been actively involved in arranging the deal that finally was announced today.

We thank the United States Attorney’s office for its courtesy and commend it for its creativity in achieving this result. It is a novel, creative transaction that required great skill to negotiate.

For further information contact Lisa Green at (212) 373-2018, e-mail [email protected].

Omg its true ahhahahaha

I am seriously stoked!!! This is the first I am hearing about this. All together now.....WITHDRAWAL....LOL....

Elite PokerOwned Member

Elite PokerOwned Member
    that's pretty sweet, congrats to anyone who mad money locked up on there...finally going to be some more action now instead of the scraps we have to settle for these days...looking forward to it

Survey Master
    hope everyone gets paid

I remember when Ultimate Bet bought Absolute Poker. I'd say this merger is happening for the same reason, to get a bigger share of the market. I hope they don't make the software's the same though. I think the uniqueness of each site it worth something.

Experienced Member
    FTP was my favorite site before it shutdown! Had awesome freerolls every hour! Great for beginners! Ive been waiting a long time for it to come back to life! Ill be jumping straight back on it when they finish all their legal bingle! Its ridiculous amount of time for people to be waiting for their money back too! It was sad to see such a great site being shut down like that!

Banned
    I am just now hearing this stuff!! WOOP WOOP!!!! time to get our $'s back!!!!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast