Quote Originally Posted by vvmcnamara View Post
7/10/13
4pm game (out already)
I just called all in for my less than 250 in chips with ace two off. Admittedly not a great hand, but I had about 8 bb's and someone else had already shoved all in for about 1200 into a nothing pot (TY donkey). They had Q2 off but unfortunately for me A10 had also decided to call in as well. That A10 off called in for over 2/3rd's of their stack but most of it was against the donkey and they had most of the information in front of them. I can't say I would have made the call, but I certainly can't fault them.
Now, how did it come about that less than 15 minutes in I had 241 chips. I'm glad you asked. Not 3 hands earlier I had 10 rag in the BB and the flop came out 10 10 Q. Under the gun, I checked. A small raise was made and I flat called. With me and only two other people in the hand a Jack came out. The only way I was beat was if someone had hit a gut shot or had a better set than me. I checked a little wary of that very thing as I know my "luck" has been particularly bad on this sight (hence the reason I started this thread). Last to act went all in. I suppose a better player could have folded. I didn't. Sure enough he had AK and had hit the gut shot for the straight. The river was a blank.
This is not a bad beat. You simply played the hand bad. First of all, you should of probably raised on the flop to get rid of gut shots and other hands. Second, the all in bet on the turn was actually a way easier fold than it might seem to you.