Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63997.06

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Experienced Member
    wtg

PokerOwned Master

PokerOwned Master
    wow...biggest score to date, atleast online.

besides luck, my big factor was knowing my opponent types and my table image. Everyone thoguht i was very tight which i was for most of the final table leading up to 4 man play.

knowing my opponents helped a lot. One guy was a very good player and fortunately he was elimnated 4th, phew! one guy was reckless and loose with wide hand ranges. and another guy was pretty solid and seemed to be playing alittle loose given my tight image.

this helped me quite a bit. When i was down to 3 guys and i was in third place, one of the players was very reckless and pushing a lot. despite being at around 10-15 BB and him and chip leader at 25 BB (yes thats how long the tourney lasted, it was a very good game ) I played tight and i got it in ahead of the loose guy a few times, when i felt my holding had a huge chance of being ahead of his range.

many occaasions i folded pocket 99s and even pocket jacks against him, to not take risks. i knew this lost in ev would be made up when i called his shoves with AA or KK or a set on the flop. I eliminated him and got it heads up against the chip leader.

he was on my right the hole FT and consistently stole my blinds a huge huge majority of the time. Given my tight image he had a looser hand range.

headsup, he pushed with K,rag and i knew my AJ was strong enough to call, and i won 90% of his chips. Next i got 77s and got it in against 10high and won.

overall good tourney. I played a lot less hands than i normally do, and i think that helped a great deal early on in the tourney by giving me a ton of chips on some good all ins, where i was mostly ahead.

thanks for the good wishes guys, and i hope this is the first of many ships for me.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NuGHuFFeR View Post
    Just be patient, you gotta remember your chip stack is only as big as your opponents..aka effective stack. The AA losing to QJ is just bad luck, and you have enough chips to just brush it off and move on. You can try and steal a bind or two every time it goes around, but be careful because you don't want to get caught and/or make a mistake by calling a short stacker's all in and doubling them up.
    Take it down!
    this was good advice...avoiding doubling players up when they shove...i found avoiding all ins unless i felt very confident helped me a great deal...this tourney i didnt shove or call shoves as i normally do. I've made FT's before, but I think i've always been rather loose regarding pushing and calling pushes. I think this advice really helped me. THANKS A BUNCH!!

Elite PokerOwned Member JLynn171's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plutogon View Post
    this was good advice...avoiding doubling players up when they shove...i found avoiding all ins unless i felt very confident helped me a great deal...this tourney i didnt shove or call shoves as i normally do. I've made FT's before, but I think i've always been rather loose regarding pushing and calling pushes. I think this advice really helped me. THANKS A BUNCH!!
    Nug ususally plays pretty well

PokerOwned Demi-God
    congrats...very nice man..good luck in future tourney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123